The Final Step

(Yu pov)

I returned to the command ship with a knocked out Jaune and quickly put him in a room to recover while Pyrrha watched over him, I then went to talk to James to get an update on the battle and how it was progressing.

As i walked onto the bridge of the ship there where several crew members standing around a map table with the general so i went over to see what was going on.

Yu : James what's the lastest report on the battle ?

Jamse : Well it's strange , The enemy hasn't moved and no new Grimm are approaching our lines. We honestly don't know what to make of it as we've never seen this before.

Yu : Well i think that we should launch a counter attack and destroy the enemy before they can regroup.

James : I agree but we have no idea how to destroy that thing, Our weapons would never be able to do the job completely before it recovered.

I looked out of the bridge window at the massive creature and tried to think of a way that it could be taken down, Then it hit me if it was too strong on the outside then we should attack from the inside.

Yu : We hit it from within and completely roast it from the inside.

James looked at me with concerned eyes as he listened to my plan, Although he didn't want to agree he saw no choice really as this was the only thing that had a chance of working.

James : I don't like it but i have no better ideas, So how will this go exactly ??

I explained that this thing was clearly a living creature and as such must have a vital point inside it's massive body so all i had to do was get there and kill it by destroying it's most vulnerable spot.

James : But how will you know where the vital point is ??

Yu : I'm not sure but if i had to guess then i'd say the head, I just need to sneak in and observe what's going on in there then i should have clearer idea of exactly what to hit.

James was clearly still not happy with this plan by the look on his face but he nodded knowing that this was likely our only chance at destroying that collosal beast. I then asked for all the information they had on the creature.

(Timeskip)

After an hour James had told me everything that they could confirm but i still had question's about the Monster so asked about something that caught my eye.

Yu : What about these here ??

I asked pointing to the image of the Monster on the screen we were looking at, The part in question was a series of crystal type objects poking out of the beast's body.

James : Most likely some kind of Gravity dust but i'm not sure why it's there.

It hit me like a lightning bolt, It all made sense now that i had heard what it was. The creature was obviously capable of flight but how ??, The size of the wing's were in no way large enough to hold such a giant beast in the air so it obviously used these crystal to keep it aloft while the wings were only for momentum.

Yu : You think your pilots can destroy them ??

James : Well yes i think so but why.

Yu : Judging by the massive size and weight it's using them to stay in the air but if even a few were destroyed it would find it much harder to stay airborn and might even crash.

James immediately saw the wisdom in this plan and said that after i had safely infiltrated the Grimm he would send his top pilots to destroy as many of the dust crystals as possible. With that we had everything in place to start the mission, Now all i needed to do was tell my Friends about what i'll be doing, No doubt Yang would have a big problem with this but i'm sure she'd get over it.