Chapter one

I was running through the woods away from the town I have lived in for the past 2 years. I broke a plate after I got home and I ran. I knew my dad would punish me when he found out. I knew he was gonna beat me when he found out. I still have a lot of bruises and cuts from the last time. I was too lost in my thoughts to hear the slithering of the snake until it was too late. I felt something sharp and painful enter my right calf. It hurt so much I screamed. I looked down and gasped. I saw a prairie rattlesnake. One of the most dangerous snakes in Canada, I accidentally stepped on it which is something you don't want to do. It pulled its fangs out and bit once again. I screamed again, I fell down to the ground in pain and the snake bit again, this time my waist. It bit several more times all I could feel was pain. All I could think about was pain. Then the snake stopped. I looked up and saw a pair of amber eyes before I passed out from the pain knowing I would be dead in a matter of minutes.

~

I woke up on a couch in a very big cabin. I looked over and saw 7 people staring at me. I got scared and pushed myself into the couch, pushing the couch to the other side of the room! I was scared I've never been able to do that before.

"Who are you people? What do you want? Where am I?" I said hoping one of them would give me an answer. A man with pale skin, amber eyes, and short blonde hair stepped forward.

"I'm Carlisle Cullen, this is my wife Esme and our adopted children Edward, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice and Jasper." He said pointing to each person they all waved at me. Once I got a good look at them I knew them. Carlisle was the newest doctor in town, we were all very grateful to have him. I recognized his kids, they went to my school.

"What's your name dear? And how old are you?" Esme asked.

"Alexis Elizabeth Amy Johnson ma'am, I'm 16."

"Pleasure to meet you Alexis. You are in our house we found you dying in the woods from a snake attack. We changed you so you wouldn't die."

"What do you mean change me?" Alice handed me a hand mirror. I was hesitant but took it and looked at myself. The person I saw wasn't me. The person had paler skin, was more beautiful, and had red eyes.

"What am I. Because that isn't me."

"You're a vampire." Carlisle said, my jaw dropped as Carlisle started explaining what I am. I'm super fast, strong, and beautiful. I live forever, might have an ability, I sparkle in the sun, don't sleep, and I can drink human or animal blood.

"So, why are my eyes red and yours are amber."

"Your eyes will change to an amber shade after you drink animal blood for a few months." Carlisle said and I smiled.

"Oh good, and speaking of blood I'm really thirsty."

"We'll teach you to hunt." Emmett said, I smiled and headed to the door.

"Someone's eager." Jasper said.

~

After I finished hunting I felt so much better. I had two elk and a bear, they were delicious. Alice showed me how to drink without getting blood on me which I was thankful for. After all of us kids got back from hunting Carlisle and Esme were waiting for us in the living room.

"Alexis can we ask you a question?" Esme asked.

"Sure Esme." I sat down on the couch.

"We want to know if you would like to stay with us. You don't have to, you can be a nomad." Carlisle asked, I looked around at all the people around me. I really like Carlisle and Esme. They are very nice. Plus they saved me from death. Alice, Rosalie, and I get along great. Emmett, Jasper, and Edward are really fun and nice. I know my answer.