Chapter twenty-one

Carlisle, Jazz, Em, and I were watching the news. I leaned against Jasper, he helped calm me down.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer." The reporter said.

"It's getting worse. We might have to do something." Carlisle said while turning off the T.V. I knew what was happening in Seattle. Jazz taught me all about them.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more." Jazz said, looking at Ed.

"They're undisciplined, conscienceless." Jazz continued.

"It's newborns," Ed announced.

"What like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"Winner winner chicken dinner," I mumbled. Em snorted while Jazz chuckled. I even saw Ed and Carlisle crack a smile.

"In our first few months after our change," Ed told her.

"That's when we were at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jazz said. I shuddered as I remembered my newborn days.

"Something to look forward to," Em said, smirking. I tossed a throw pillow at his head. He caught it. I can never successfully throw something at someone. They always catch. Well, this one time I chucked Ed's piano at Em. He didn't catch it. Long story short I ended up paying for a new piano and had a 24 HOUR lecture from Esme and Ed.

"No one's trained these, but this isn't random." Jazz told Carlisle.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle said. Well great, super. Note the sarcasm.

"Well, now we're definitely going to Seattle," Em announced jumping off the couch.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked.

"They've been created to fight someone." Jazz told her.

"We're the only clan even close to them," Ed said.

"Maybe that's why they were made. If we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long." Carlisle said.

"Well Italy is far away, and I'm pretty sure they don't have T.V." I added.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants Me, Alice, and Alex to join them. He knows he'll never choose him as long as our family is still alive." Ed said. Jazz wrapped his arm tightly around me.

"An army could solve that for him." Jazz said.

"Pssh, please. I told Aro I would never join him. Even if I was the last member of our family." I said. I got up and went to my room to read.

~

Bella came to our house. She sprained her wrist punching his face. I wanted to laugh really hard but I didn't. I'm too nice for that.

Don't look at me like that Ed. Like you're not a perfect angel.

"It should heal fairly quickly," Carlisle told Bella as he wrapped her wrist.

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time Bella," Em asked as he and Jazz walked in. I smacked him upside his big head. Bella laughed.

"I punched a werewolf in the face," Bella told him.

"Badass."

"Language." I hissed at him. He waved me off.

"You're gonna be one tough little newborn." He continued.

"Tough enough to take you on," Bella told him.

"Bella, next time you punch, keep your thumb inside your fingers. Your punch will be more powerful and you'll be less likely to hurt yourself." I told her. Everyone looked at me in shock. Well except Jazz.

"What? Just because I spent my teenage years in the last decade where every 2 in 3 guys had chivalry doesn't mean I didn't know how to punch. Chris taught me how to fight when I was eight." I told them.

Bella watched Rose walk off and followed.

~

I had listened to Rose tell Bella about her backstory. When Rose was done. I watched Bella walk towards me. I knew she wanted to talk about something. And the key was in Rose's story.

What did Rose say in her story? Why does Bella need to talk to Alex?