Chapter twenty-eight

I was staring at my mate. I've got to say, he's the most handsome man I've ever seen. He also has the most amazing smell. It's not a shape-shifter smell it's the sweet smell from the other day. It made me feel... safe. Like I would never be harmed again. Like I had a constant protector. We were staring at each other before he spoke again.

"Hi." For some reason, I started giggling like a schoolgirl.

Seth's POV:

"Why are you giggling?" I asked Alex. Although I didn't mind her giggling. It was angelic, just like the rest of her. She was probably is the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Hold on, back to the point. I still wanted to know why she was giggling, although I could listen to it for hours on end. What! I've never thought or had these feels. Yet, I'm ok with it. At first, I was mad I imprinted but now, I'm glad I did. And to think, I've only been talking to her twice.

"I'm giggling because you already said hi." As she went back to giggling. I felt a slight blush on my face.

Alex's POV:

I looked up and noticed Seth was blushing. It made him even cuter. What! Dang, I'm starting to sound like my siblings. Yet... I'm not complaining.

"Did I just make one of the big bad shape-shifters blush?"

"N-no. It's just a bit warm out here."

"It's seventy degrees. Plus, Jake told me shape-shifters are 108 degrees and the hot doesn't bother them." I looked at him skeptically.

"Well... uh... um..." Once again I started to involuntarily giggle.

"It's ok. I'll let it slide." I said. Against my usual mindset, I winked. Wow. I've become my worst fear. A flirty, love-sick teenager.

Seth's POV:

Did she just wink? I think she did.

Then all of a sudden, she was up in the tree! Hanging upside down from her legs. Hands-on her stomach so her shirt would hang with her.

"What are you doing up there?" I asked.

"Oh you know, just hanging around." She said with a giggle. My laughter joining in soon after.

"I just got tired of standing so I decided to come up here."

"Sounds fun."

"Would you like to join?"

"I'm not allowed on your side."

"Well, I'm allowing it. So... are you coming?" I nodded before slowly coming over to her side and climbing the tree. I hung upside down next to her. Since I was taller than her she had turned her head up a bit and I had to turn mine down a bit.

"If you don't mind me asking, is your outfit perhaps Harry Potter themed?" Suddenly her face broke out into the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"It is. Ravenclaw themed."

"I'm guessing you're a Ravenclaw?"

"Yep! What are you in?"

"Hufflepuff."

"That's so cool! My brother is in Hufflepuff."

"Which one? You do have three."

"Edward."

"Wow."

"Yep. He's the only one of my brothers who read Harry Potter. But I'm getting my brother Jasper on the books."

"Hopefully you'll get another Potterhead in the house."

"Fingers crossed."

3rd POV:
Alex and Seth spent the next few hours talking up in the tree. Lost in their own world. They talked about meaningless nonsense, families, favorites, small arguments on the Harry Potter books, and even small amounts of flirting that neither of them realized were flirting.

All while this was going on two sets of eyes were watching them.

Bree Cullen and Leah Clearwater.

Both of them watching from their side. Hiding so they wouldn't get caught. Although they could both be up in the tree with them and they wouldn't notice. Lost in their own world of enjoying the company of their soulmate.

The sisters listened for a while to their sibling's conversation with their mate/imprint. They were happy for them. In the short/long amount of time, they'd known their sibling they've never seen them so happy.

Sadly, it was getting late and Alex had to head back before her family started looking for her. She was totally unaware of the fact her sister had been sent out half an hour earlier to find her.

Alex and Seth got down from the tree. But before they left. Alex jumped up and gave Seth a little peck on the cheek, promising to see him same time, same place tomorrow.

She ran home, feeling a slight eclectic shock run through her from that small peck on the cheek.

Seth stood there for a moment hand on his cheek with a look of shock on his face. Before heading home grinning like an idiot.

The whole time, the two siblings had tiny, quiet, celebrations of that little kiss. Later going home to their sibling who couldn't stop smiling.

AWWWWW! Does anyone else feel all happy and warm inside? I sure do!