Chapter forty part three

Previously:

"So what happened to your brothers?" Jake asked.

Alex's POV:

I sighed and took a long drink of the blood in my cup. Seth set his food down next to him and wrapped an arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"The first brother I lost was Chris when I was 14. It was my birthday. He had gone into town on his motorcycle to get me my gift as it wasn't ready till then. But he never returned. My father and I were sitting at the table with dinner ready when the cops showed up at the door. An animal had attacked Chris on his way back. The bike was totaled and covered in blood. They never found the body. I'd lost my other two brothers 3 months later. But I didn't find out until a month after that. My father and I had moved to Canada at the time. He kept me from ever leaving the property since we'd moved except for school and running into town to get something when he was too drunk to get it himself. He'd kept me from knowing much about the outside world by never letting me read the newspaper, watch tv, or listen to the radio. He'd sent me to take out the trash and as I was about to head in when a newspaper blew right by me and I grabbed it. After hiding it behind my back I managed to sneak back into my room without my father seeing the newspaper. Thankfully he left shortly after to go get drunk at some bar. I was able to read it. It was a month old but I didn't care. Just wanted an idea of what was happening in the world. I'd gotten to the bottom of the second page when I stopped reading. In a corner column was Seb's and Anthonys' picture with the words. OfficersSebastian Barnes and Anthony Wison are dead. After several months of searching for the missing person Alexis Johnson officers, Barnes and Wison's car has been found totaled and covered in scratch marks and blood. Presumed to have been carried off by an animal. Their memorial will take place in their hometown of Rochester NY this Sunday. R.I.P. Officer Barnes and Wison. So in less than 6 months, I had lost all three of my brothers. And it was all my fault."

Once my story was finished everyone was crying or just about to. Many sorry for your losses later everyone calmed down and continued eating. I still had my head against Seth's shoulder. Finally Jake was the one to break the silence.

"If you were declared missing how come no one recognized you and called in about you?"

"Well because at the new place I didn't go by Alexis Johnson I went by Alexis Rogers, my mother's maiden name. I'd also wear I disguise every day. I'd wear brown contacts, a red wig, and talk in a Canadian accent instead of a Brooklyn one."

"How was your last name originally Johnson but your brother was Rogers?" Embry asked.

"When my brother was 18 he had it legally changed to Rogers in honor of my mother and hatred towards our father. After I'd left with my family I had it changed. Although instead of the simple Rogers it was Roger-Hale-Cullen. As to keep up the mascarade I was part of my family but still connected to my old one."

"So wait your legal name is Alexis Rogers-Hale-Cullen?" Paul asked laughing.

"If you think that's bad we can't forget the two middle names." Rachel pipped in laughing.

"You have two middle names!?" Paul asked laughing.

"Yeah! And what's it to you?"

"What are they?" Emily laughed.

"Elizabeth Amy. After my Aunts on my dad's side."

"Woah. Alexis Elizabeth Amy Rogers-Hale-Cullen. That sure is a mouthful." Jared said.

"It is. Which is exactly why I don't say it often."

"Just think if you and Seth get married it'll be even longer at Alexis Elizabeth Amy Rogers-Hale-Cullen-Clearwater!" Jared said laughing even harder than before. Seth blushed at the mention of him and I getting married and I looked down and started fidgeting with my fingers.