Chapter twenty-three

It was time for us to graduate again. Yes, I said us. Meaning me included. I wanted to graduate with my siblings so we all agreed that I could test out of 11th grade and graduate with all of my siblings in the 12th grade. Then again nobody was really surprised when that happened. I mean I am a doctor.

I was currently sitting next to Alice and Jasper. We were in our yellow cap and gowns and listening to Jessica's valedictorian speech.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case a princess. We will 10 they asked again we answered rock star, cowboy, or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. How about this, who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again. Because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can that way when they ask us what we want to be. We won't have to guess. We'll know." (Ok I've got to give it to Jess, she made an amazing speech.)

Bella, my siblings, and I all took turns going up to get our diplomas. When Bella went up all of us Cullens clapped very loudly. Charlie was the loudest. When my siblings went up I clapped the loudest. When I went up it was very funny. I think my entire family had a 'who could make the loudest noise contest'. Emmett won.

~

We got home from graduation. Ali told me I had to go change. So I did.  She wasn't too happy I was wearing sneakers, but she was glad I was smart enough to wear a dress.

No purse:

~

The party was in full swing when Ali got a vision. We all met out on the balcony. Everyone at the party was oblivious to the little supernatural meeting going on a few feet away.

"They'll be here in four days," Ali said.

"This could turn into a bloodbath," Carlisle added.

"Who's behind it?" Ed asked.

"I didn't see anyone I recognize. Maybe one." Ali said.

"I know his face. He's a local Riley Biers. He didn't start this."

"Whoever is, is staying out of the action," Ali told him.

"Must be playing with the blind spots in your vision," Carlisle said.

"By the way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town."

"Hold up, what damn army?" Jacob asked.

"Newborns. Our kind." I told him.

"What are they after?" One of Jacob's friends asked.

"They were passing around Bella's scent. Her red blouse" Ali told him/us.

"They're after Bella? What the hell does that mean?"

"It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." Carlisle told him. Jacob shared a look with his friends before looking at us.

"We're in." He said.

"No. You'd get yourselves killed. No way." Bella said immediately.

"I wasn't asking for permission." He said.

"Edward?" Bella asked.

"It means more protection for you."

"Jacob, do you think Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." He said.

"Jasper?" Carlisle asked.

"They'll give us the numbers. The newborns won't know they exist. It'll give us an edge."

"We'll need to coordinate," Carlisle said getting up.

"Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt." Bella protested.

"We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us." Carlisle says, directing the last sentence at Jacob.

"All right, name the time and place."

"Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into," Bella said.

"Bella, this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along. Remember?"

Jacob and his friends went to leave and I followed them out.

"Jake!" I shouted. He and his friends turned around. I hugged Jake around his waist since he was way taller than me. He's 6'6.

"Thanks for helping us out," I said.

"Your welcome littlest Cullen." I let go of him and immediately punched his upper arm. Hard.

"Oww. What was that for?" He asked, rubbing his arm.

"You kissed Bella and she broke her wrist punching you. I had to even the score." I said. I turned to Jacob's friends.

"Hello! I'm Alex."

"Hi. I'm Embry and this is Quil." Embry was around 6'4 and Quil was around 6'2.

I'm so short.

"Pleasure to meet you both," I said, shaking their hands.

"You're a lot smaller than we pictured," Quil said.

"Pictured?" I asked.

"Yeah, Jake talks about you a bit," Embry said.

"I'm flattered you talk of me, Jake," I said laughing. He gently pushed my shoulder.

"If you boys want to, you can hang out for a bit. Just don't drink that punch, someone decided to spike it." I said, I turned around and went to find my family.

So here's the height of all the wolves in human form. This is based roughly on the books.

Leah: 5'10

Seth: 6'0

Quil: 6'2

Paul and Jared: 6'3

Sam: 6'5 ½

Jacob: 6'6