Chapter thirty-seven

VERY IMPORTANT READ:

Alex's last name has been changed. It's now Rogers, not Johnson. Why? Well, her dad's last name was Johnson and since she joined her new family she didn't want to be reminded of her dad every time she used her full name so she changed it to her mother's maiden name. That's all enjoy the chapter!

3rd POV:
Laughter filled the small area by the tree where Alex and Seth were hanging around. The couple had run to the tree before climbing it and hanging upside down from one of its branches like they usually do. Talking, laughing, and catching up on what they've missed.

"So let me get this straight. The kid was playing catch with his brother indoors while standing on a blanket that was on a hardwood floor?" Seth asked Alex.

"Yep."

"Then when he was throwing the ball to his brother he slipped. Twisted his ankle while landing on it. Broke it in two places. And you got to scrub in with Carlisle to stabilize it?"

"Yep." Alex sighed dreamily at the fond memory.

"Who got to pick the music this time?" Seth asked.

"I did. Rock over scissors."

"Good job. What'd you pick?"

"Thank you. I picked my ACDC, Queen, and Nivana list."

"Good choice. How did Carlisle enjoy that?"

"Not too well. Not only was he stuck with me and my horrible music choice-"

"Your music choice isn't horrible. He's just old. His ideal music is opera. Which isn't all that great. So he has no room to talk." Alex laughed at the comment before responding.

"True. As I was saying, my horrible music choice according to him and the asshole from peds."

"You'd think a guy who works with kids would have a better personality."

"Right! I don't know why he even works in peds. He doesn't even like kids that much. And he was a military general for 10 years so he's stern and scary. How kids don't scream when he enters the room is beyond me."

"Obviously they're too paralyzed with fear to scream."

"That makes so much more sense!"

"Well other than the jackass peds surgeon how was it?"

"Amazing! Definitely choosing Ortho as my specialty."

"Didn't you choose that last time? Wouldn't you want something more interesting? Like Neuro? Cardio? Oh! Trauma sounds awesome. That's what I'd do."

"You become a surgeon then tell me how not interesting Ortho is."

"So you're telling me my opinion is invalided until I become a surgeon?"

"That's exactly what I'm telling you."

"Good thing I want to be a surgeon."

"You do?"

"Yep."

"EEEEE!" Alex started celebrating by repeatedly slapping Seth's arm.

"You know for a vampire you're surprisingly weak."

"Oh shut up."

"I'm serious. I can barely feel it."

"Cause I'm trying not to hurt you, you idiot."

"Oh, so I'm now aren't I?" Seth smirked.

"Now? You've always been an idiot."

"Gee thanks."