Prologue

"Gramme, how long are we staying here?" I asked curiously.

"'Til I die. Or until your parents get out of jail," Gramme sighed.

I sighed as the moving people finally carried in the last box. I went up to my room, looking out the window to the house next door.

"What is this? The tenth home?" I asked myself as I began unpacking.

As I unpacked my nerdy stuff, I looked out the window and saw two boys fighting with glowing lightsabers. I smiled, taking out mine and setting it against the window seat. I hung a few photo frames, smiling at my old best friend. I haven't seen him in years.

"And who do you think you are, runnin' 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts," I sang as I opened my window to let fresh air in. I turned on my lightsaber and didn't realize how loud it was.

"H-h-hi."

I turned my head to the window. The boys were staring awkwardly at me. I smiled slightly.

"Hi," I replied.

"Did you just move in?" one of them asked.

"Yep. I'm... one of you guys's new neighbor." I nodded.

"I'm Benny, I'm your next-door neighbor." Benny raised his hand to single him out.

"And I'm Ethan," he blurted.

My eyes widened in familiarity at the two. I looked over at the older photos on my wall. Two boys and a girl.

"Well, I'm-"

"(L/n)!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'll talk to you guys later." I closed my window, shutting my curtains. I walked downstairs to help Gramme with some things and went back upstairs, deciding enough was enough. I used my magic to put the rest of my stuff in place, making my bed and putting the furniture in place.

"Hey, Gramme?" I called.

"Yes, dear?" Gramme asked, appearing in the doorway. "Great job controlling your magic to use it like this."

"Thank you," I smiled proudly. "Anyway, did I have any friends while we were here before? When I was younger, by chance?"

"You had these two best friends. Both boys. One of them lived with their grandmother, and we were great friends before we moved. The three of you were inseparable. You barely spent a day without those two. Can't remember their names, though." Gramme smiled.

"Is it those two?" I asked, pointing at the picture.

"Yes." Gramme nodded, walking out of the room.

I smiled, twirling. I calmed myself as I got ready for bed. Tomorrow would be a new day, a new chance to make friends. A chance to reunite with my old friends. And possibly find out what's going on with my powers.

See, I'm more than just a witch. I'm almost everything at once.