Friday Night Frights

"He's a huge, awesome robot. All he'd have to do is yank on the warp engine nacelles," Rory argued as the four of us walked down the hallway.

"Okay, that's like saying a dude could fight a boat," Benny retorted.

"Can't we do this later?" Ethan whined.

"He's a robot in disguise! He'd just show up as a harmless truck!" Rory raised his voice.

"In space?!" Benny questioned in disbelief. "Hey, coach," Benny sighed as we passed him.

"What are you doing, coach?" Rory stopped, making us gather around him.

"Saying goodbye, boys. Time to put this old relic into storage," Coach explained.

"But, isn't that, like, the only trophy this school has ever won?" Ethan questioned.

"Yes, but it, uh, it sends the wrong message, you know? Winning isn't everything. Yeah, sure, our team has come last in points, but, oh boy, we come first in so many other important areas," Coach explained.

"Yeah... like, point... avoiding?" Benny guessed sheepishly.

"That is one sad trophy case," Rory said.

"Here, can you hold that for a second?" He handed the trophy to Ethan.

"Yeah, sure." Ethan nodded.

The trophy glowed blue and I looked at it strangely. It stopped and I shrugged, figuring it was nothing. Benny's hair messed itself up.

Benny glared at Rory. "What'd you do that for?" Benny fumed.

"Yeah, I... I guess. Who are you?" Ethan asked.

"Ethan?" I looked up at him.

"Who are you calling nerds?" Ethan asked the empty space.

"Why don't you transform and roll out, dumblebee?" Benny spat.

"You're a warp-ten butthead!" Rory shouted back.

"Okay, point taken. So... what do you want?" Ethan asked.

"Ethan, is there someone there?" I asked worriedly.

His pants suddenly fell down, causing me to jump away. I looked at him in shock as the boys laughed at him.

"Space-themed, huh? I would've guessed Spiderman." Sarah walked up next to me.

~~~

"Ah, here he is. Coach Ed. Says he was the gym teacher thirty years ago," Ethan informed us.

"He's ancient," Rory commented.

"Says the vampire that will literally live forever." I rolled my eyes.

"Is he here, right now?" Benny whispered to Ethan.

The sandwich in Benny's hand suddenly flew across the room and I jumped. "I'll take that as a yes. Jerk!"

"Yep. There must be some way to stop him or get him to move on," Ethan reasoned.

~~~

"Ghost jammed you in good!" Rory tried to pull Ethan out of the locker. "I may have to dislocate one of your shoulders to get you out. Is that okay?" Rory asked.

"No!" Ethan exclaimed.

Rory finally got him out and Ethan groaned. "Come on, you two. Aren't there any spells to get rid of ghosts?" Ethan asked. He suddenly turned around, facing the lockers. "What is your deal? Is this all about that dumb trophy?" Ethan backed away and I pulled him behind me. "Okay, fine. If I get it back in the case, will you leave me alone?" Ethan offered. "Ha! Me? Win a trophy? For sports?" He laughed. "No way. Not in a million years." His pants fell down again and he let go, pulling his pants back up.