Three Cheers for Evil

I walked into school nervously, my spell book tucked away in my backpack. I rolled my eyes as some boys wiggled their eyebrows at me. I turned the corner, noticing a sign for cheerleading tryouts. Wait a minute.

"Sarah? Erica?" I questioned in surprise.

Sarah turned abruptly, then smiled widely. "(Y/n)!"

I smiled as I walked over to them. Sarah's demeanor turned serious as she turned to Erica. "Cheerleaders are not normal, Erica. They're more evil than us, and... we're vampires!" Sarah whispered the last part.

"That's only because some of them think they're better than everyone else," I sighed.

"Sarah, you've always known that I've wanted to be a cheerleader, and that I'm really hot, I can. Besides, these girls have been telling me to bite them for years." She showed her fangs and winked.

"Yeah... I don't think that's what they had in mind," Sarah stated.

"Oh, come on. Who's going to miss just one? Come on, (Y/n)." Erica motioned to me.

I sighed and ran up to her side. I signed the sheet after Erica, the woman named Stephanie studying me carefully. I walked away, Sarah smiling as she joined my side.

"So, what are you doing here?" Sarah asked.

"I moved in with Gramme. They arrested my parents for a satanic sacrifice of a couple," I explained.

"And you thought we were bad," Erica snorted, making me smile.

~~~

"Are you coming, (Y/n)?" Sarah looked at me.

"Yeah, just give me a second." I tied my hair into a high ponytail.

I walked out of the locker room as I heard the boys talking. I smiled, remembering the memories of our childhood. I continued walking until I reached the gym.

"Let's see what you've got, girls," Stephanie said, ushering us into the gym.

Stephanie looked at me for a moment. "Girls, help me set up the mats," she instructed.

We made a long row of mats, starting from one end of the gym to the other. "Let's test your tumbling skills. For those of you who can tumble." She examined the group. "(L/n)."

I looked at her nervously as I walked up to the end of the mats, readying myself I did a round off handspring into a backflip, then repeated all in one shot. Stephanie smiled, but frowned as she spotted something out of the corner of her eye.

"What are you two doing here? Tryouts are for cheerleaders only," she said harshly. My eyes widened as she kneed both Ethan and Benny and threw them out of the gym. "Get out!" she yelled and strutted back over to us. "Sorry, girls. Back to business."

"Stephanie, may I use the bathroom, please?" I asked innocently.

"Sure. Oh, and make sure those boys aren't still stalking us," Stephanie said.

I nodded and walked through the gym doors. I deadpanned when I saw the boys pressing themselves against the wall in fear.

"It's me, doofuses," I said. "If I was going to knee you, I would've done it already. Were you really trying to watch cheerleading tryouts?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We were making sure Erica didn't try to drain anyone," Benny explained. "But I think we know a way to get in. But we need your help."

~~~

"You two look ridiculous. But maybe this'll work," I said as I fixed Benny's wig.

"Everything's okay?" Ethan asked when I pulled away from Benny.