The Date to End All Dates: Part 1

"(Y/n), the council needed something from Ethan." Benny ran up to me.

"What do they want with him?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know," Benny said quickly.

"Wanna go check on him?" I asked, holding out my hand.

Benny nodded and took my hand.

I used my speed to get us to the abandoned building. I nodded to the vampires guarding the entrance and walked in with Benny.

"How were they so welcome to you coming in?" Benny asked, looking at the guards in amazement.

"I'm a vampire that can glamor when some of the oldest vampires can't, and I can turn into whatever, some that can destroy the world. I'm kinda respected here," I explained.

Benny and I waited in chairs by the window, me tapping my foot anxiously. What did Anastasia want with Ethan? Did something happen?

"Hey, th-that went well," Benny said as I saw two men walk past us.

I rushed in front of them, making them stop. "Stop and drop him. He's with me." I straightened myself.

They nodded and let him go slowly, walking back into the room they were just in.

"They had a job for Ethan," Rory said quietly, walking up to me.

"I understand that, but what?" I questioned.

Rory shrugged as we walked out of the building.

~~~

Ethan and Sarah ran over to the three of us. Benny tossed Ethan a bag and Ethan opened it.

"Okay, this is the good news," Benny sighed. "Bad news is-"

I heard the growl that cut Benny off. It was a dark shadow that was acting like an animal. "That thing sure wants its chew toy back. Why can't we just give it to him?"

"Are you nuts? It's powerful enough now without giving it a superweapon," Ethan scoffed. "Maybe we can destroy one powerful thing with another."

"Good idea! Do it, now!" Benny said, panicked.

"I've got to figure out how to use it!" Ethan argued.

I sighed and took it from Ethan, aiming it at the monster. It shot purple electricity at the thing, making it bow down on its knees. I felt the thing draining me, but I kept going. My eyes flashed yellow, my powers overwhelming me. It finally disappeared, and Ethan snatched it from my hands. Benny caught me as I closed my eyes, drained.

"What is that thing?" Sarah asked, panicked.

"What did it do to her?" Benny added.

I opened my eyes halfway, almost lidded.

"I totally almost tasted that earlier," Rory added.

A purple wave ran through the restaurant, making me wince as I was hit with it.

"Ethan, it hit her," Benny whispered. "We need to get her home, now."

"If you talk about what you saw tonight, the only people who will believe you are the ones that will eat you," Ethan called out to the unaffected couples.

They rushed out of the restaurant as I managed to stand on my own two feet again. I stumbled as Benny held me up. He let go slowly, but looked at me worriedly.

"I told you not to touch that thing," Benny said, half-worried and half-angry.

"But I knew how to control it," I retorted. "We needed to get that thing killed before it could hurt anyone else. What if it hurt you, or even Sarah? I didn't want to risk that. I'm fine now, I promise. I'm okay," I reasoned.

Benny hugged me, holding me tightly. "Please don't do that again," he whispered.

"I promise," I assured him.