Jilly Putty

"How'd the meeting go?" I caught up with Ethan and Benny.

"Can I use my Mii as my yearbook photo?" Rory appeared at Benny's side.

"Sorry, you two. They shot us down. Maybe next year," Ethan explained in a disappointed tone.

"Come on!" Rory exclaimed. "You want me to take 'em out? Maybe eat their families?" Rory questioned.

"No!" Ethan hissed.

Rory laughed. "Just kidding, man! You looked all, 'Oh, no, Rory's a maniac!' That was great."

"Don't joke about that, okay?" I said.

"Sometimes I wonder what you do at night," Ethan sighed.

"Oh, it's pretty nuts. The less you know, the better," Rory said. "Anyway, what do the yearbook nerds want to do?"

"Hannah Price wants to use some lame old camera for the photos. She probably doesn't even know she has to develop the old film. She's probably still staring at the back of the camera right now, wondering why the screen isn't working," Ethan laughed.

Rory looked past my shoulder. "She's standing right behind me now, isn't she?" Ethan asked.

"Later." Rory walked away,

"Hi, Ethan!" Hannah said, making both of us turn around. "I like your shirt."

"Uh, thanks." Ethan looked at me uncertainly.

"I'm super sorry about not liking your idea this morning. It was a really good one. Maybe we can still find a way to use it," Hannah compromised.

"Really? What about your camera?" Ethan asked curiously.

"Yeah... about that... Can I trust you?" Hannah asked.

~~~

"Hey, lovely." Benny approached me at the lockers.

"Hey, Benny," I said, slightly surprised at the nickname.

"Whatta ya say, sweets? Ditch?" Benny suggested.

"No, thanks, Benny-boo," I teased, ruffling his hair.

"That's new." Benny smirked.

"So is lovely," I replied.

I looked at his pockets, noticing a photo sticking out of it. The negative. He leaned in and I let out a heavy breath. He kissed me, placing his hands on my hips as I carefully reached into his pocket. I pretended to hug him as I ripped the photo in half.

He disappeared, and I snuck against the lockers. Ethan and Benny came running around the corner.

"Where is he?" Benny demanded.

"Oh, you mean smooth Benny?" I questioned sarcastically.

"(Y/n), enough jokes. Where is he?" Ethan sighed.

I held up the ripped pieces, and the boys sighed in relief.

"What happened?" Benny asked as Ethan walked away from us.

"That version of you was completely opposite of you," I said.

"Did he do something?" Benny frowned.

He sat down next to me and I stared at him for a moment. I leaned in slightly, hoping he would take the hint. He tilted my chin up, our noses brushing and our lips centimeters from each other. "May I?"

I nodded, and he connected our lips. Fireworks burst in my stomach and chest. I felt hot all over when a hand made its way to my waist.

"Was that... okay?" I asked nervously.

"Finally." Benny sighed contentedly, connecting our foreheads.

I laughed quietly, letting him wrap an arm around me and pull me into his body. I sat against him, hearing footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Okay, what happened?" Sarah said, confused.

"I'll explain later," I said with a lovesick grin.

~~~

"My twin really ruined the yearbook photos. We'll have to take them again," Hannah said as Ethan, Benny, and I walked with her.

"Well, when you have some free time, you feel like a movie?" Benny asked.

"Great idea! My boyfriend loves movies. See you later, you three." Hannah walked off.

"Smooth, bro. You just hit on the wrong girl." I laid my head on Benny's shoulder.

"At least I got my camera back. That means Grandma won't spank me. With lightning." Benny walked off.

"So Hannah never had a crush on Benny or I. She was just really nice." Ethan looked at Sarah.

"Yeah, that can happen, too. But, on the bright side, you already have a girl that's been really nice to you since the beginning." Sarah looked at me.

"Ethan! Evil Benny rented a go-kart. Come on!" Benny ran over to us.

"I'm over it. Later!" Ethan and Benny ran off.

Sarah and I glanced at each other, smiling. "Boys," we said as we walked to catch up with them.