The Date to End All Dates: Part 2

"The Lucifractor was confiscated by your schoolmaster?" Anastasia's voice grew demonic.

My eyes widened. "How did that happen?"

"Benny wanted to Lucifract something, and he was talking about how we could rule the world and I was trying to stop him and Stern caught us," Ethan explained quickly.

"Benny, have you lost your mind?" I grew angry. "That thing could kill me if it diverges the wrong way, you realize that? It could kill your girlfriend. We are not going to rule the world with it. Do you understand me? When we get it back, we are going to hand it over to Anastasia, where she is going to put it in a safe vault in the archives, got it?"

Benny looked at the ground. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry," Benny whispered.

"It's safe in his office. We'll get it back, easy." Ethan looked at Anastasia.

"And technically, he's our vice schoolmaster," Benny added.

"Right. Yeah, which makes it even easier," Ethan reasoned.

"The Lucifractor is the greatest threat we vampires have ever faced. You have one day to get it back, or we will raid that school," Anastasia threatened. She took a deep breath, sitting down. "And you don't want that."

I nodded. "We'll get it back, Anastasia."

"And (Y/n)?" Anastasia caught my attention. "Please don't ever try to control that thing again. I find you a very important ally to the council."

I nodded. "You have my word." I walked away with the boys.

~~~

"I am not sneaking into his office," I said firmly.

"Babe, come on-" Benny pleaded.

"We'll figure out some other way, any other way than that. I am not sneaking into that office, and that's final." I walked away, frustrated.

~~~

"Anything?"

"Yes."

"In his head?"

"Yes."

"Is it bad?"

She glared at Benny. "Sorry."

"Ethan, the Fear Binding you're under is very strong," Benny's grandma started.

"We're all gonna die," Ethan whimpered.

"Look at me," Benny's grandma said firmly.

Ethan looked up scaredly. "Now, what you see is not real. I don't have a spike through my head."

"You don't have a head, actually," Ethan corrected her.

His phone rang. "It's Sarah," he said. "We need to get out of Whitechapel."

"No. We should stay," Benny's grandma said. "We need to talk with her."

~~~

"Ethan, look at Sarah," Benny's grandma said.

Ethan looked at her scaredly. "Stern wants you afraid. Why? Because he knows you two could stop him. You just have to find something stronger than your fear. Sarah's the one you want to protect the most."

"But we're his best friends," Benny motioned to himself and me.

"You two care about each other. And believe me, that's stronger than any magic Stern might put in this message," Benny's grandma said, making me smile. "Let's see what we're dealing with."