Blood Drive

"Pff! Look at this! It's like opening day for Revenge of the Sith all over again! But, you know, minus the stormtroopers," Benny said in disbelief of the line.

"My Mom thinks I should donate. She said my blood is special. I think it's exactly why I should keep it where it belongs. In my veins," Ethan stated.

"Dude, she has to say your blood is special. She's you mom! Anyway, the reason you don't give blood is 'cause you're too scared of needles, you big chicken!" Benny explained.

"I'm not afraid! I just don't like them," Ethan argued.

"Right, the same way you don't like the commercial with the dancing crackers?" Benny teased, making me giggle. "It freaks you out!"

"It does not. Okay? I'm just uncomfortable with eating things that dance. Plus, I don't see you rushing to donate," Ethan reasoned.

"Uh, yeah. They can lift your entire genetic code from one drop! But what if someone cloned me? No way am I..." he stopped when a cute nurse looked at him. His eyes widened as she smiled at him. "Then again, I could stand to lose a pint or two, if you know what I'm saying. I mean... come on! Unless, of course, you're too chicken?"

"I'm not a chicken! I'm a hawk! With huge talons and laser eyes," Ethan said boldly.

I went under his arm as a nurse uncapped a needle, supporting him with a sigh. "You were saying?"

I looked over and noticed Sarah with a bag of junk food. "I'm gonna go talk to Sarah. I'll be right back," I whispered.

Benny nodded, and I went over to Sarah, who was eating a bag of chips in the other door. I frowned at her using junk food to suppress her cravings.

"Sarah." I gave her a concerned look. "You have half a bag of chips on your face."

"Fine!" Sarah wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

"Seeing all this blood is really getting to you, huh?" I asked sympathetically.

"It's like letting contestants from The Biggest Loser loose in a chocolate factory!" Sarah exclaimed quietly. "How are you doing this? You act so normal."

"I'm a hybrid. I'm sticking to my wolf's side today," I whispered.

"Besides that, it's Erica I'm worried about. She doesn't have much self-control, and if-"

"Hey, Sarah, (Y/n)," Erica said as I whirled around. "Cookie?" She showed her fangs.

~~~

"What's the deal with Sarah?" Benny asked.

"It's the smell." I frowned. "She's scarfing junk food to dull the craving."

"Mortal foods won't satisfy her hunger. That's Vampire 101," Benny added.

"We better keep an eye on her. And our other fanged friends as well," Ethan decided.

"Dude, if anything bad happens, we must rescue the nurses. I am saving that one!" Benny pointed to the nurse he had been staring at earlier and I rolled my eyes.

"They're up to something." We looked over at Rory and Erica. "I'm gonna try and get closer."

He took a couple of steps away from me and shuddered. He fell to the ground, and I froze. I went over to help him up, and the nurse did as well.

~~~

"You're not seriously thinking about coming back, are you? 'Cause I seriously doubt you could top that faint," Benny scoffed next to me.