The Brewed

7:45 p.m.

"Oh, man! Why can't we be at home?" Benny complained. "Watching So You Think You Can Fly? Eating a triple-meat lover's pizza. With extra meat."

"Yeah. Instead, our teachers could bash in here any second and scoop out our brains like chip dip," Ethan said scaredly.

There was a bang, and I jumped. "Ooh. Think we can outrun them?" Benny asked.

"I don't have to outrun them. I just have to outrun you," Ethan snapped.

"You know, I think they'd go for your brain first there, 'honor roll'!" Benny retorted.

There were a couple more bangs, and I saw the teachers squishing their faces into the door. I whimpered as Benny squeezed my hand.

"Where is Sarah? We could really use her help right now," Ethan said.

"I don't think she was in a very helping mood today," I rolled my eyes.

9:15 a.m.

"I'm not breaking any arms or smashing anyone through a wall just because he called you... What was it?" Sarah asked as I stood next to her.

"Teethan," Ethan snorted.

"Benny Rabbit," Benny muttered. "It's not what he says, it's how he says it."

"Let's go, you two," the teacher cleared his throat.

"Right with you, sir. If not, there in five minutes, start boring kids without us!" Benny said.

Ethan laughed awkwardly. "We'll be right there, sir."

"Forget it. Look, we have a field trip to the art gallery. Lucky us!" Sarah said sarcastically.

"Bye, Teethan." Sarah waved with a smirk.

"Benny Rabbit," I teased as we walked off.

"It sounds cute when (Y/n) says it," Benny said as I turned and saw the lovesick grin on his face.

7:48 p.m.

"Oh! We're so dead!" Benny shrieked quietly. "This is not fair. Why couldn't we get some kinda sign that this was going to happen?"

"Just a hint would've been nice," Ethan added.

~~~

The glass shattered, and I walked up to the hands reaching in. I hit them with a fire extinguisher and sprayed them with it. The hands retreated instantly.

"They hate this stuff!" Ethan said breathlessly.

"If it lasts long enough, we should be able to hold them off until Sarah gets back," I decided, spraying them again.

"Sarah is coming back, right?" Benny questioned.

"We're the most important things to her, right?" Ethan replied.

~~~

"All right! We're safe in here. Trust me." Benny led us into the boys' bathroom. "Teachers will never enter a student washroom. It's like an unwritten rule of education."

"Sure! Right up there with 'don't eat student's brains'?" Ethan snapped as I heard a knock at the door.

I scrambled over to the door and pressed my weight against it.

"You know whose fault this really is? Sarah's! 'Why don't you fight your own battles'?" Benny exclaimed.

"You need to learn how to. Everything's not just violence," I said.