Jockenstein

I ran down to the cafeteria and quickly went to the lunch line. I looked for the boys until I spotted them, Sarah sitting down between Benny and a guy I didn't recognize.

"You guys won't believe what happened last night." Sarah said as I came up behind them. "Who's he?" she motioned to the guy next to her.

"This is Boltz," Ethan introduced.

"'Cause he's faster than lightning," Benny added.

"Why are you guys dressed like hockey players? It's not Halloween yet," Sarah teased.

"Because they made the team." I kissed Benny's cheek as I sat down next to him.

"So, what, you guys are, like, water boys or something?" Sarah guessed.

"No, we happen to be players," Ethan corrected proudly.

"Yeah, and this is the players' table, so unless you're one of our hockey groupies... Right?" Benny questioned.

"Yeah, I'm so not on that team." Sarah got up and walked away.

I laid my head on Benny's shoulder tiredly. It was a few days until the full moon, and it always took a lot out of me. Benny glanced at me, figuring the situation, and left me alone.

"What's up with her?" Ethan whispered.

"Moon," Benny said simply. He kissed the top of my head before turning back to the boys, striking up a conversation.

~~~

"And so the council's going to terminate me if I don't find this guy. I really need your help," Sarah pleaded.

"Oh, we'd love to, but the team needs us too," Ethan assured her.

"For what?" I questioned, smiling.

"You said yourself you barely set foot on the ice," Sarah added.

"Bench warming is a noble tradition," Benny defended himself. "Boltz, what's up?" He raised his hand and Boltz high-fived it. "It's harder than it looks."

"Sorry, Sarah. I'd like to help, but we have the team to think about," Ethan said sheepishly.

"Fine. (Y/n) and I'll do it ourselves. Next time there's a monster in your closet, call someone else," Sarah snapped.

We walked out of the ice rink and Sarah bumped into an old man. I was repulsed when he smelled like a dead body.

"Watch where you're stepping, missy," the old man snapped.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Ugh, do all hockey players smell like B.O.?" Sarah questioned.

"Hey Rory," I said nonchalantly when he stood next to me.

"Hey, you two." Rory smiled.

"Can I help you?" Sarah raised an eyebrow.

"No." Rory shook his head.

"Then why are you following us?" I asked.

"Oh, the Council wants me to make sure Sarah doesn't sink her fangs into any more dead dudes," Rory explained.

"But you know I never did that. You were there!" Sarah argued.

"Yeah, but the Council hates it when I argue. Or talk. But this way, we get to spend two days together," Rory said, slinging an arm around Sarah.

"I'll go with Rory. I'll see you later," Sarah dismissed me.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I can stay if you want."