Hottie Ho-Tep

"Our young prince Ho-tep died at the tender age of eighteen, but the ancient Egyptians viewed death as merely a journey into another world," Mr. G explained.

"Uh, what's with the ancient supperware?" Ethan asked, raising his hand.

"Oh, you know the expression, 'you can't take it with you'? Yeah, well, they didn't. Anyway, uh, this gift-wrapped fellow here was, uh, arranged to marry a pharaoh's daughter. But when he refused because he wasn't in love with her, the pharaoh had him executed," Mr. G continued.

"Bet she had one killer unibrow," Benny snorted as I hid my face in his shoulder to cover my laughter. Sarah punched his arm, and I laughed even more.

"According to these hieroglyphics, he vowed to never enter the afterlife without his true love," Mr. G read the paper. "It's either that, or these are cleaning instructions."

"Can I make a mummy for extra credit?" Rory piped up.

"Ooh, that wouldn't be encouraged." Mr. G frowned.

"Yes! That wasn't a no," Rory whispered.

"Anyway, guys, that is the end of the tour. But, uh, feel free to stay around as long as you like," Mr. G smiled.

Everyone left. "Or, you could leave, 'cause that's okay too."

Sarah sighed with a smile. "He actually chose death over a life without love. That's so romantic."

"It probably got less romantic when they bottled up his organs," Ethan added.

"And if I'm lucky, one of these jars will have pancreas," Benny whispered. "I used all my Grandma's ancient pancreas in a potion. I have to top it up before she finds out."

"Gross! What was it for?" Sarah said.

"Wizard stuff," Benny said unsurely. "You wouldn't understand, cover me."

"Okay, but just make it quick," I hissed.

"You guys are asking for trouble. I don't want any part of this," Sarah said, taking my hand.

"(Y/n)?" Benny said, confused.

"We're just going to check out something else," I assured him as we walked away.

~~~

"What is the big deal? We collect weird stuff all the time," Benny asked.

"Yeah! When we're fighting monsters. This time it's more like... getting groceries," Sarah argued.

"Come on, it's nothing like... that. Okay, so it is. But it's okay. Everything worked out fine," Ethan reasoned.

The door opened abruptly, and a figure wrapped in rags groaned. Benny grabbed my arms, pulling me into a corner. We screamed as he tried to get to us.

"'Kay, this is just getting pathetic," Ethan commented.

"That last one was just a pity scream," Benny agreed.

"What do we do?" I asked.

Ethan grabbed the bag of pancreas from Benny. "Here, mummy-mummy. This is what you want, isn't it? Good mummy. Go get it!" Ethan shut the door, locking the mummy in the closet.

"Problem solved," Benny said, shrugging.

"Benny, we have to get this thing back to the museum," Ethan said worriedly.

"Uh, (Y/n) and Sarah could fly him back in seconds!" Benny reasoned.

"Sounds fun!" Sarah said sarcastically.