Chapter three

30 minutes went by, me and my dad talked about the arrangements of him staying with me on how it was going to be. He already left the office. By that way, I got up walking into Arthur's office. Thinking to myself once again "Aw, he's fell asleep". I chuckle, while picking up a textbook, but before slamming it onto his desk while smiling. He grabbed my arm "I heard you! And what's with you trying to wake me up hm ?". I sit down on a chair next to him "I wanted to hear that cute scream again". He rolls his eyes while putting his head back onto the table "How was it with your dad? He didn't even pay attention to me". He says tiredly, "He was worried about something that happened hours ago. But it's okay now, so don't worry about it".

After a while, in the office, me and Arthur decide to go to our favorite restaurant downtown, the restaurant we always go to when we want to be just us two. For a weird reason why we always sit at the same table every time not that I complain. We reach the restaurant and sit down "Just order the usual for me Arthur" I say in a more calm voice while I try to hide what I'm actually feeling. When the food arrives I feel like someone is watching me and for a reason, I get chills on my entire body and I look behind me to see if I see someone watching me and that's when I spot him "You gotta be kidding me!" Arthur just looks weird at me "What happened Valerie?" I look back at Arthur "Don't worry about it, I'll be right back" I get up and walk towards Lorenzo, I see him noticing I'm walking towards him and of course he acts like nothing and keeps talking to his friend or whatever he is.

"You know I can see you right? Why have you been looking at me? You like what you are seeing" I let out a little laugh and walks away, he grabs my arm and says "Valerie I know something is bothering you, you can talk to me you know" I roll my eyes at him and removes my arm from him as I walk back to Arthur. "You okay love?" I smiled at him, while rubbing his hand gently "Im perfect, just creeps". For one more time I look back up at him, he looked up at me. But looked back down, I know he was just trying to help. But I rather not have people knowing my business. It's only fair to me and them.

Hours went by, me and Arthur both had a pleasant meal. Nothing went wrong, it was just relaxing. I smiled, laughed with Arthur. The thing about Arthur he's been my best friend since college, we decided to start a business together, and now look at us we are basically an eye to the world. You can tell Arthur is so so worried about me, and I can't blame him. It's how I am. How my family is, he has a right to be worried. I mean he knows everything about my family because he's the only man I can really trust. Apart from my dad and my brother of course.I have trust issues when it comes to guys because of my past and of course because of my dead husband. I held his hand to me, I felt safe holding his hand. I'm not being weird, it's just how I am. It's how I get closer to people, as I see Mr. Conti leave the building. I made secure eye contact at him, he watched me through the restaurant window. And I don't blame him, he watched my every move until he wasn't in my eye view.

I startled myself from someone dropping a glass, and those memories came back from me and my ex-husband. How many times we would argue, I gripped onto Arthur's hand gently while persuade to have those continued dreams wrenching from my lightweight brain. As I notice Arthur left with a woman, thinking to myself "Goodby then". I exhaled while rolling my eyes, I got up making my way out of the restaurant. Noticing he took my car; Just lovely. I made my way downtown, I could feel eyes watching me, I held my head up high.

No one can make me scared, they should be scared of me. Me and my family. I choose a different pathway from usual. I got out my phone trying to answer my dad's messages back "No service". I exhaled putting my phone in my back pocket of my jeans. I made a steady pace down this alleyway, stood a gang of people, I'm guessing making a kid's life hell, I took my gun out of my pocket and I shot once to stop the commotions.

Before I knew it, this guy grabbed me by the throat flinging me against the wall "Fuck-" he grabbed out my pocket knife, putting the edge of the tip to my neck. "A pretty woman like you shouldn't be walking the streets alone". This faceless figure chuckled as his so-called posey joined in. I rolled my eyes "You know it's nice having a walk at night listening to the piercing screams of people". I laughed, they looked at me confused. I rolled my eyes, but they weren't having any off it. The guy grabbed my jaw making us both have continuous eye contact.

But it was a struggle. I couldn't get out, I was stuck. And for once, I was scared. I didn't have my dad or brother or even Arthur here. And that scared me. I don't think I am making this out of here alive.

A teardrop fell down my cheek, fragile. It all started to get blurry, I was gasping for air. Neediness wanting to get home. I didn't know what that night was coming for. He had my hands trapped against the grazes of the walls, I suddenly pulled myself up but he crashed me back down again. I squealed from the constant pain, struggling.

I was making my way into town, grabbing a few things for tomorrow when I heard a horrific squeal, I quickly ran back to my car, grabbing my guns, knives. I made my way quickly down the alleyway. Normally I don't put myself into people's business but the squeal sounded purely innocent. And I couldn't let that go to waste, as I suddenly got a clear view of my surroundings it was "Her". I thought to myself, it was Ms. Cohen... Maybe this was on her mind the whole entire time. I shot them all in the head surrounding her. And I let out a slight chuckle "So this is what you get up to Ms. Cohen. Troublemaker?" I made my way in front of her. "You are welcome for me helping you". I smiled while putting my hand above her head, looking down at her.

I looked up at him, "You definitely didn't save me, you caused a fucking crime scene". I glared at him. He chuckles while making me walk ahead of him. "Let me give you a lift home". I shook my head, seeing my father's car in town. "My dad is picking me up, Mr. Cohen". I looked back at him, "Of course, please be safe tonight and try not to make more trouble". He smiled while getting into his car.  

I walked cautiously to the store where I could see my dad in. Thinking to myself again, I was grateful for what he did for me, but he will never know that. Something about him is strangely good, but why would I say anything to thank him? Because that's how I am. I need to trust him before saying what I need to say to him. Trust is a big word, never or less I wanted to say thank you but I won't.