Chapter twenty five

It's been several days since I found out I have a daughter and that Valerie and I properly talked. We have texted back and forth but not the way we used to before all this happened. Like I still don't know if I should forgive her for what she did or just act civil when I'm around her but right now my daughter is my priority. Phoebe looks just like Valerie with some traits from me and it's so adorable.

I got a text from Valerie saying she wanted me to meet Phoebe properly, she texted me a location we could meet up. I don't know why but I'm slightly nervous about the fact I'm gonna meet my daughter even though I've met her before but not like this. I will meet her as her father, not just a random guy she saw in the hospital.

A while later it was time to meet up with Valerie and my daughter, I gave Jayden the order to not contact me unless it's really necessary as in life and death. Valerie wanted to meet up in a cafe downtown which I understand why. I walked from my office and to my car and starts driving towards the cafe and as I see Valerie in the cafe window I can't help but to smile when I see Phoebe with her. I'm finally going to meet Phoebe as my daughter.

As I walk into the cafe the room lights up by the sight of seeing Phoebe, she looks so happy and carefree like everything is perfect. I walk towards the table they are sitting at and looks at Valerie "Val, I would say nice to meet you again but I'm not a liar" she looks at me while rolling her eyes at me "Always such a charmer Lorenzo" I chuckle and sat down on the other side of the table. I can't stop looking at Phoebe she looks so adorable where she's sitting. Before I could get a word out of my mouth Valerie stops me, she looks at Phoebe "Sweetie this is Lorenzo, he's your papa" I couldn't help but to smile when I heard the word papa. "Hey, angel" I take something out of my pocket and places it on the table "I bought something for Phoebe" Valerie looks at the bracelet and smiles before putting it on Phoebe's wrist.

We sat at the cafe for hours and I got the chance to get to know my daughter. Her giggles makes my heart melt so much. I just wish I had the chance to watch from the day she was born but now I want to cherish every moment I have with her like there is no day tomorrow. I look at Valerie and smiles "Is there any possibility that I could have Phoebe with me a day just the two of us?" I can see that Valerie got nervous by my question, she always has a certain movement on her left eyebrow when she's nervous. But after a while, she looks back at me "Just the two of you alone? I don't know Lorenzo I have to think about it". I nodded, holding Phoebe's hand.

It was around about 10 pm, we were all back at the company Val and I left Phoebe with Jayden just to bond with her Uncle. Val and I both talked about agreements on where I can see Phoebe, I wasn't too pleased with the conversation but I guess it was just starters for now. I sat back in my chair looking at my phone of photos of Phoebe of what I took today. I smiled zooming in on her face "My little angel" I say softly "So tomorrow I can spend time with her?" Val nods, walking back out.

Jayden ran in with pure fear in his eyes "She's gone" he panics, I got up fast "What!" I ran out, grabbing Jayden by his neck "Why the fuck would you leave my daughter alone" I gripped onto his neck "It was just for one minute" I looked up to see Valerie running outside, I pushed him to the side running after her.

Her screams petrified me, I stood back I was in total shock myself I only just got my daughter and she was gone. She was mumbling in Serbian, her screaming was chilling. I walked behind her and she fainted into my arms. I knelt to the ground holding her to my chest "Val love, wake up. It's okay we will get Phoebe back in our arms, especially yours. I promise". I teared up, trying to wake Val up, seeing her hurt and in pain made me feel weak.