chapter thirty six

-Lorenzo 

I walked into Valerie's seeing Phoebe sitting on the couch with her bottle melted my heart, I smiled sitting down next to her as she fell straight into my arms. I cuddled up with her watching a frozen movie. God, I already knew these songs are going to haunt me.

I smiled holding her up, she put her hands on my face as I kissed her hands gently Valerie walked in with two drinks. "Morning" she says with a stern voice, I looked at her confused with the tone she gave me "Morning, how are you?" I asked taking the mug from her "Could be better" she replied, I just nodded, putting Phoebe back on the couch next to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked leaning over to hold her hand, she moved her hand away as she took out her phone and played a recording.

My heart sank. I looked down, took a sip of the drink and looked at Phoebe trying not to tear up "I'm sorry" I say but she didn't reply.

A few minutes went by "It's okay" she says quietly, I just nodded "I am what you called me" she continued but I didn't really agree. Azar walked in with flowers "Hey sweetie" he placed them in a vase in the kitchen. He walked back to her kissing her head, I looked down fidgeting with Phoebe's toys.

From the corner of my eye, I see her put her head onto Azar's chest. Sometimes I wish that was me, why do I think that? Because deep down I do love her but I don't know how I feel about everything. Especially when I do love random hookups, I'm just difficult and picky on what I want. What I desire to choose, it must be just me I'm guessing. I'm different not the average lover boy whom people crave to have, and that's why I don't understand why Valerie still loves me after what I've said to her.

People in general really confuse me and right now I don't know what I want, but the only thing I'm secure about having is... Phoebe in my life. I love being a father and having those cute moments even the harder decisions.

Walking out of Val's place, I head down the street to see car headlights heading my way. I squinted covering my face as I dark chuckle appeared from behind "Well well Mr Conti, weren't you supposed to be with us about an hour ago" he said, as I thought to myself 'Fuck' that was something I forgot to do "My apologies Mr Smith, I was spending time with my daughter. We can do this deal tomorrow morning early hours" he grabbed a baseball bat and hitting it against my legs making me fall to the ground.

"Fuck" I growled in pain, hitting my fists into the dirt. I was in too much pain to fight back so I lay there. Tears fulfilled my eyes as I thought about everything I did because honestly, I thought I'm going to die.

I grabbed my phone out and dialled any number hoping someone could save me.