Chapter fifteen

A year has gone by, a day I haven't thought of
her, she disappeared the night she supposed to see Lionel. And I mean no one has seen her, she didn't leave a trace. And I've never been the same, the girl I actually loved is gone, I have looked day and night for this woman and she has gone without a damn reason. Did I do something wrong? Was it me? Because I don't even know myself, a full damn year without her in my arms.. now it just feels stupid.

Maybe I should just stop looking, i mean if she loved me she would've came back to me. Maybe she is just like her family. Harsh I know, but if she thinks she's hurt, she broke my heart way before her own self.

I walk over to the cabinet to my secret stash of whiskey, the strong kind, drowning myself in pure chemicals is the only thing that can help, locking myself up in my office is the best option. All I care about is my work and especially money, she ruined the side of love for me, she changed me- for the better in my opinion.

Clenching onto the bottle, making my way down into the conference room leading Rehan and Jayden both waiting there for me, i placed down the bottle. "What are you both talking about?" I fixed up my tie, sitting down at the head of the table, both stopped talking immediately after what i said, 'probably talking about her' thinking to myself. "Well then, let's get to work" I glanced at the files then back at them "I mean now" I opened up the whiskey pouring myself only a glass. They both pulled their hands up for a glass, I shook my head, continued to drink, I started to write.

"So any news from Valerie?" Rehan said with a little grin, maybe for his enjoyment it was a way to start shit up, I politely ignored what he was saying, looking to Jayden, we both started to talk about some documents, I started to reread over something, a little case from the Cohen family which kinda intrigued me to be truthful. I leaned back into my seat, analyzing every single word "Sly pricks" I mumbled underneath my breath, both looked up at me, I rolled my eyes "Not you" I growled, as my eyes traveled back to the documents. I grinned, reading something so highly intriguing my eyes were locked onto this, I was satisfied to say to the fullest. "Whats up?" Jayden replies from my actions, I grabbed out a marker circling around the paragraph and giving him it.

His eyes lit up as well, he chuckled deeply "Perfect I say".

I smirked "Definitely".

Hearing about the rest of her fucking family were in the county jail gave me leverage to find her easily, I don't love her if that's what others are thinking, I just want her to be broken like I am, I rather others being in pain as well as me. Why you ask, because that is who I fucking am, a cold hearted bastard. When I want something, I will have it. I will do what I like and no one will get in my way, if they do.

They will be dead.

~In another country~
I walked into the house with Arthur as we both laughed "That guy was ashamed" I giggled at him, he rolls his eyes "Shush" he replies back. I smiled looking at him "She's still so tiny in your arms even though she's one". I rubbed her cheek gently, he smiles, kissing her head gently "She's my little angel Lu".

I smiled again "I will be right back" I say walking upstairs into my restroom, I stared into the mirror, sighed with relief of being back home. It scares me going outside a lot, I feel somewhat safe with Arthur but sometimes it can be fearful I don't know if he's after me. He? I mean Lorenzo of course. Enough of that, he is history.

I untied my hair out of an ponytail, started to brush out the knots out of my hair, Arthur came behind me wrapping his arms around my waist smiling "She's getting even more beautiful like her mama". He kisses my head as I smile back at his response. "You have that interview today don't you?" I nod my head, "I am a little nervous".

I looked up at him "Lucy, you will be amazing, you will kill that interview. Me and angel will be very proud of you either way". I hugged him tightly, he leaned his head down, kissing my bottom lip gently. I smiled, kissing him back. "Will you be able to drop me off?" He nods, rubbing my back gently. "And can you wait outside for me?". He nods again, moving his hand up to my face, as we both leaned in to kiss each other, I melted into his arms "Look what you do to me". I roll my eyes, he bursts out laughing "Whatever".

I smack his arm "You are the one who kissed me" I roll my eyes walking into the room. "You are the one who kissed me back" He mimics me, I grabbed my heel throwing it to the side of him "Out, I need to get changed". He rolls his eyes, walking out of the room. "Finally peace and quiet" I say softly to myself.

Before you think Arthur and I aren't a couple, it's just comfort for each other I mean he did stop seeing Valeriana because he wanted to protect me and stay with me, I didn't force him of course not it was his decision to come and drop everything and to be honest I couldn't be anymore grateful for what he has done for me and my daughter. And I know he has been missing her, I mean they were in love, someday I will make it up for him. I need to get her back in his arms one way or another, I don't care if that risks my identity, I mean Arthur has risked everything to be with me. I mean, it is only fair to return the favor.

I changed into something smart and not too revealing, I walked downstairs seeing Arthur singing lullaby's is just too adorable I mean she adores him so much it melts my heart "Oh oh there is mama" he smiles walking over to me, I gently took her from him, kissing her nose and holding her to my chest "You look beautiful Lu". He smiled kissing my head, I smiled back not saying a word. He grabbed his jacket and the baby bag, as we both walked outside to the car.

Hour went by, I got out of the car made it inside to the reception area to sign myself in, I made it up to the 12th floor, knocking on the door "Come in", I walked in shutting the door "Name".

"Lucy Young, I am your 5:30pm appointment" I replied back with pure confidence. The girl nodded, she escorted me to the chairs and so the interview begun.