chapter eighteen

The time went by quickly before I knew it was already morning and I didn't manage to sleep at all, my head was all over the place with thoughts about Lorenzo, and I started to question myself if I did the right thing to run and hide the fact that he has a daughter. I thought I was doing him a favor by running so he didn't have to think about babies and all that but at this point, I might have been wrong. the guilt is eating me alive and I don't know how long I can take it, but I know that it's not the right time to tell him now. because now I need to focus on our daughter's safety but also my own because if he knew this was me I seriously don't know what he would do. after every pain I inflicted him he would for sure hate me if he finds out who I am.I finally managed to go out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for my and Arthur's lunch date, it's not an actual date, it's more like a friendly date. me and Arthur have never had any romantic feelings for each other we have kissed yes but no feelings were ever involved and Arthur is my person the one I actually trust the most in this world. he has never judged me for the choices I've made in life and I appreciate that more than he knows. I look at myself in the mirror and tell myself " I've come this far don't let the guilt ruin the day" I slowly walk into the shower and let the waterfall down on my face peacefully. I move my hands around my face as the water flows down. as I finish the shower I slowly walk out and grab the towel and walk towards the mirror. After a while I'm finally ready for the lunch date.

I walk downstairs and sees Arthur patiently waiting for me in the living room, he looks at me and says " you took your time I see" and laughs, I roll my eyes at him and answers him back " I haven't slept so, of course, I take more time than usual " he looks at me with a concerned look on his face as he walks towards me but before he could say something I stop him " please don't ask" he nods and gives me a tight hug and the quiet is relaxing, he knows that I don't like a pity party.A while after we walk towards the cafe and sat down at our regular place and just talked about everything like we always do, I tell him why I didn't sleep and he saw that I didn't want to get into details and he accepted that. The time goes faster than we thought and before we know it has been 3 hours, 3 hours where we have talked about everything and laughed and let the time go by. He made me think of other things instead of having Lorenzo on my mind and all the guilt I'm feeling, I didn't tell Arthur everything about why I wasn't sleeping but that's because I don't want him to be too concerned about everything, some things I keep to myself. After all, I don't want Arthur to put his life on hold because of me I just can't let him do that. While we were walking out of the Cafe I saw Lorenzo at the other side of the road with Valeriana, and my heart started to beat rapidly I began to hyperventilate and grabbed Arthur's arm as he looked over the road and said "Hey, breathe in and out for me, it's alright" in a calm voice, I looked at him and tried to breathe easy in and out calmly but I just can't, before I knew it I passed out and hit my head on the sidewalk.

~Arthur~

I freeze and am unable to move, I just stare at Lucy laying on the sidewalk. I want to scream for help but i can't get the words out everything is just a blur. I want to help her, but right now i can't even move. I try to scream for help then anyone could just come and help because I just can't, and thank god someone hears my scream the ones that hear it is Lorenzo and Valeriana. I see them run towards us and Lorenzo goes on his knees next to Lucy and tries to shake her for a response but nothing. he looks up at me and says "What the hell happened? Who are you? I answer him "We were walking out of the cafe and then she suddenly started to hyperventilate and then she passed out, ehm I'm her best friend" Lorenzo tries over and over again to wake up Lucy but with no luck, then he knows the only way now is to call his doctor. He grabs his phone and dials the number of his doctor "I need you to come over to my house asap, don't ask questions why" I look at Lorenzo confused "Where are you taking her?" in a concerned voice. Lorenzo breathes out and answers me with a more strict voice "I'm taking her with me to let my doctor check her out" Lorenzo lift Lucy up and carries her to her car and lays her in the backseat and drives away. My mind is everywhere now, did Lorenzo just take Lucy with him while leaving me here? I looked at Valeriana concerned and she places her hand on my shoulder and looks at me and says "She's in good hands Arthur as long as Lorenzo doesn't find out who she is"