Chapter twenty two

I walked out of the hospital room seeing my dad standing there "Are you talking to yourself again?" I chuckle, he turns to me. He had been crying, I walked over to him "Dad, what's up?" I looked at him keeping a straight face "Flashbacks from you know..." he says looking down at me. I sort of brought out a laugh "Well, suffer". I smiled, he shook his head "You never would act like this Valerie, I didn't bring you up like this". I looked at him with a smirk "You did, I'm just like you dad. A cold-hearted bastard" and that's when I triggered him, I stood back to see him get furious. His blood was boiling.

He looks at me with anger in his eyes "Moras da nauci malo postovanja , znao sam sta dsam as da naucis malo postovanja, xnao sam sta sam radio. ali ne znas sta si radio val, radio si celu ovu zbrku, draga" I rolled my eyes at him "postovanje? zasto da ti dajem postovanje ako ti to ne vratis! ucinio si me kao ovog tatu!" he grabs my arm and looks at me angrily "napravio sam te ovako? prestani da ze zavaravas!" I dragged my arm back "ja zavaravas? ti si me ostavio tata!" he rolls his eyes and turned his back on me and walks away "vidis, odlaziz!" he suddenly stops "ja ne odlazim, ja sam veca osoba ovde. mozda bi trebalo da naucis iz toga! ti si taj koji menja svoj identitet!" Suddenly Valeriana walks in "shut up already will you!" I looked back at her and the room went all silent.

~Lorenzo~
I walked up to Ms Young's room but everything was quiet so I decided not to bother her. Walking towards the end of the corridor, I see this child walking around. I looked around to see if she's walked away from someone, I fixed myself up before walking over to her, I knelt. As I looked at the child, she looked familiar, I couldn't think of who'd she looked like. I gently picked her up, while walking towards the play area in the hospital. I rubbed the back of my neck as I yelled over to Jayden "Do you know who this kid is?" I looked at him, he shook his head "No, is it yours?" he says while laughing. I hit the back of his neck "Shut up will you" as the kid started to giggle, I smiled "You liked that huh kiddo" I smirked looking at Jayden "No, don't even" I smacked him again but with a bit more force, he yelled out in pain "Dramatic" I say, sitting down with her on my lap.

"Wow Lorenzo, I wouldn't see you being soft for a kid. What's changed? Val and now this" he bursts out laughing, I covered the kid's ears while looking at him "I know how to protect and do my job properly. Now go and find out who's this kid's parents are" I snapped at him.

"You sure she isn't yours" he jokes around, I rolled my eyes leaning back into the seat "Now Jayden" he rolls his eyes while leaving the hospital.

A little while later, I started to get comfortable with her. She was giving me company that I haven't had for a while and I didn't want to let it go. I smiled every time she spoke or even gave me something to hold. My heart melted, her little tiny fingers holding my hand. How couldn't I smile at this, she was just adorable. Her little squeals, giggles and babbles.

This whole thing was reminding me of when it all was easy when nothing hurt. I began to feel happy, not being unhappy for once. I admit I'm an asshole, but who wouldn't when they lost something that made you happy day by day. So having something like this just to cheer me up, I couldn't be anymore happier.

~Jayden~
As I sat in the car, researching the kid I found something that shocked me "So that means, she's in there" I got out of the car fast and ran inside, running into Azar "Your daughter, where the fuck is she?!" I grabbed his shirt, and he grabbed me dragging me into the storage room. "Azar this isn't some stupid reunion, Lorenzo has that kid in his arms right now. Where the fuck is Valerie?" I angrily say. He chuckles "You don't scare me kid, my daughter's business has nothing to do with you. You're the kid that won't have an entertaining life like Lorenzo. All you do is sit there in the corner waiting for Lorenzo to tell you what to do, he may be your best friend but he won't make you happy. So let's make a deal, why don't you help my daughter out, you keep this all a secret and she can give you a better job" he smiles, leaning against the door. I chuckle "I'm not that stupid Azar, you may have betrayed your family but I won't betray my best friend as your son did".

His smirk disappeared immediately "Did that hit a nerve?" I crossed my arms, smiling "I don't want to be on your bad side Mr Cohen, I get it you're trying to protect your daughter but what she has done she can't be around here". I walked out of the room.