Chapter fifty

At 9:25 pm on a Thursday, I and Valerie made it into the event 'krvavi dijamanti' a Serbian gala event that Val was invited to, she decided to bring me with her for most experience. "So is this what you and your dad go to every year?" I say looking around.

"Yes, it's a perfect place to be in. Very romantic" she nods with a smirk.

"Romantic?" I rolled my eyes and followed her in.

"Dobro veče" she says to the host, I just smiled not knowing the translation she could be fucking me over. I shook their hands and walked straight to the bar.

She takes a glass and passes me one "What's this substance? Poison?" I looked at her, and she smacks my arm "It's called Rakija, a fruity brandy. It's pretty nice" she says drinking it. I looked at her to see if she was okay. As I sipped it down "You know what that's nice" she smiles a lot.

"How do you say it's good?" I asked her.

"Piće je dobro" she says.

"Say it slower", I looked at her.

She says it slower helping me pronounce it as I looked at the bartender "Piće je dobro" the bartender smiled handing us a different glass.

"So this is called Tamjanika, it's a Serbian grape drink. White wine".

"Oh" I say taking a sip "That's beautiful". I take another sip. "Oh I mean, Piće je dobro".

She smiles clapping her hands "I'm proud Enzo" I smiled kissing her gently.

"Can we try another one?" I ask, she smiles as the bartender brought out another drink for us.

She hands me a glass "This is Šljivovica, it's fermented plums" I looked at her "Say what you want babe" before I downed the drink. "Woah, that's good. That's my favourite. Can we take some to go?" I say with a grin.

She laughs "Of course we can" she rubs my cheek as she talked to the bartender.

We got up and head over to the main hall where all the entertainment was going to be, the music sounded so historical and modern. Valerie let go of my hand and got in the crowd with everyone and started to do some sort of circle dance, I watched her with a smile on my face. These traditions what Valerie's culture is was just beautiful, I wanted Phoebe to learn from this and have this culture in her life as well.

I walked into the circle and stood with Valerie and copied what she was doing but after 5 minutes I picked up the dance. Dancing with everyone felt like the home everyone was helping others it seemed so surreal I wouldn't think I would love to put myself out there but with Valerie, my heart felt like I was at ease, everything I have been dealing with the past weeks it's been realistic of what I've been going through.

This event has opened up my heart all my worries vanished, I felt happier by the minute. I smiled looking at Valerie as she wrapped her arms around my neck I kissed her at the moment it felt unreal like it was a dream.

After 30 minutes Valerie and I headed to the stage event, I didn't have a clue about what was happening. I was trusting my instinct and also Valerie. It was all going so well even though I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

I held her in my arms until... A bang with and a shrieking scream everyone went quiet with people hurrying around. I stood there looking around at people getting on the stage. I looked up.

"Lorenzo Conti, the only son of Mallory and Alistar Conti good to see you again boy". I was shocked but confused.

But then I realised.