Chapter forty five

- Valerie
The days have cooled down, I and Lorenzo decided to have a family day just us and phoebe without any distractions. It's been a while since it was only the three of us. I'm looking forward to spending time with Lorenzo and our daughter. I can see how much Lorenzo cares for Phoebe, he's like a different person than when he first found out about phoebe, I couldn't ask for a better father for her than him.

I just woke up from hearing Phoebe cry in her room, I get up slowly because Lorenzo is still sleeping and he gets cranky in the mornings. I walk towards Phoebe's room and lift her gently up and bring her favorite stuffed animal that Lorenzo gave her, a little monkey. ever since she got it she takes it with her everywhere we go and it's adorable. How she and Lorenzo have bonded is making me so happy. I go downstairs with Phoebe in my arms walking to the kitchen to feed her placing her in her chair hearing her giggling softly.

After feeding her I start making breakfast for me and Lorenzo, I take out some eggs and a pack of bacon out of the fridge. I start cooking while hearing Lorenzo walk down the stairs, he isn't exactly a quiet walker so it wasn't hard for me to hear he's coming. He walks to Phoebe kissing her face and saying " Good morning angel" I look at him smiling while I finish the food. I turn off the heat and place the food on plates and place them on the table next to me. " Sit Enzo, Breakfast is ready" He sits down next to Phoebe and starts eating before I sit down myself.

After finishing eating Lorenzo takes our plates and puts them in the dishwasher and lifts Phoebe from her chair walking to the living room placing her on his lap clapping his hands while Phoebe starts giggling trying to clap with him. She is his daughter for sure they are so much alike. I sit down next to them taking a picture of them " you two look so cute". While they spend some time together I walk to the bathroom to get ready for our family day, me and Lorenzo were taking Phoebe to the park today. The sun was shining so what's better than going to the park and enjoying the nice weather while it lasts. After I've finished getting ready I walk back to them smiling. Lorenzo looks at me smiling " Can I dress our daughter today?" I nod " Of course, you can Enzo". He lifts Phoebe and walks towards her room finding some clothes she could wear and dresses her gently " You look so cute Angel just like your mama" He didn't know that the baby monitor was on so I could hear everything he said and I have to be honest what he said to her made my heart melt.

They walk back downstairs and looking at what Lorenzo chooses to dress Phoebe with made me realize that he knows what he's talking about when it comes to clothes, she looks so adorable in a pink little dress that has white flowers on it. She fit the nickname he gave her because right now she looks like an angel. I look at him " Now you go and get ready Enzo, Your hair looks all messy like it has been used to wipe the floor"  He chuckles before he gives me Phoebe and walks back up to my bedroom finding some clothes from his bag.

I put Phoebe back in her chair while I get our bag ready for the park before placing it on the couch. I walk back to Phoebe and smile at her taking her out of the chair and laying her on my lap. I gently start tickling her hearing her giggle softly.  When I look at her she looks more and more like Lorenzo and it's adorable.

Time passed by and Lorenzo finally walks down all dressed up I look at him " well you look nice" he chuckles before answering me " Thank you beautiful". I give Phoebe to him while I grab her stroller from the closet in the hallway. He walks to the hallway and puts Phoebe gently in her stroller before grabbing the bag I put on the couch and placing it under the stroller before opening the front door.

After a while, we reach the park and the park is packed with kids and their parents. We sit down on a bench next to the slide before I take Phoebe out of the stroller and puts her on a blanket that Lorenzo put on the grass.  He takes down her stuffed animal and lays next to her on the blanket giving her the stuffed animal. I look at them both and smile thinking to myself " I'm so lucky to have those two in my life".  The sun shines into Phoebe's eyes and makes her eyes shine like diamonds. Phoebe has a mixed eye color between mine and Lorenzo's and the sun shining makes the color clear.

Lorenzo takes Phoebe up and walks towards the slides walks up sitting on the slide with Phoebe between his legs sliding down. I run towards the Slide and take a picture of them. I try to take pictures of them as much as possible. Phoebe mumbles " papa" I know that made Lorenzo's heart melt.  they take the slide a few times while I look at them from the bench while I look at the pictures I took of them before I sent them to my dad. It didn't take my dad long to answer me. I know my dad sees Lorenzo as a son and he doesn't know how much I appreciate him welcoming Lorenzo into our family.

The day went by quickly and before I knew it the sun had gone down and we were the only ones left in the park. I look at Lorenzo " I think it's time to go home, it's almost time to put Phoebe in her crib" he nods at me before taking Phoebe in her stroller. We walk back to my place and Lorenzo walks up placing Phoebe in her crib kissing her face gently " Good night Angel, papa loves you so much"