chapter twenty six

All last night, everyone was up looking for Phoebe but still no trace to be found. And for Valerie she hasn't been talking to me, she thinks I am to blame. Yes I said I wanted revenge but why would I take our daughter away from us, I'm not cold-hearted when it comes to family. I have a good reason why Valerie blames me since she's been gone she's protected Phoebs but she came here for one night and she's gone, that breaks my heart, I can't even keep my daughter safe.

I walked downstairs to see Valerie in more stress than she normally is she was pacing around the house. Azar and Jayden both were trying their best to distract her but it wasn't working. I walked over to Valerie holding her face to me "She'll be fine, I know it" she looked at me with that same old vicious glare "How do you know huh? You wanted somewhat revenge Lorenzo" I grabbed her jaw a bit tighter, looking at her "You may have a psycho family that doesn't care about one other, but I would never harm my daughter, you selfless bitch".

Azar grabbed my neck, punched me. I stumbled back against the wall and chuckled "You know I'm fucking right, she's a self-centered bitch" he grabbed me again "She's the mother of your baby and she's in stressed the minute she came here her daughter was gone. You aren't acting like a father, you're acting like a selfish cunt. Everyone fucking behaves now" he says snapping at every one of us. He let me go he walked back over to Valerie and I wasn't letting that one go. I grabbed him by his neck and started to punch him over and over again. We both lost control, but Jayden managed to pull us apart.

"Can you both stop it, Valerie is getting more upset that you two are acting like this. Of course, people are going to blame others for something like this but Lorenzo you do not call her something like that. You never disrespect a woman, she's the mother of your baby for god sake, I'm ashamed of you man" he was right, I looked back at Valerie and she walked away in the other room I looked back at Jay "Can you go and be with her?" I said, he shook his head "I'm not helping you this time Lorenzo, I'm going to do more research on my niece" he walks out of the room.

I looked at Azar, he stood there rubbing his knuckles "I'm sorry" I say to him with my hand out "You'll understand when Phoebe is older how you'll protect your daughter. You're a dad now, so act like one" he says walking to follow Valerie. I sat down on the floor with my hands over my head while exhaling. I grabbed a vase and threw it to the other side of the room. I was so disgusted in myself, I never wanted to say those things but my mind got the better of me.

~Arthur~
I heard a lot of rustling from downstairs, Lorenzo was sitting on the floor with his hands over his head. I walked to him slowly sitting down next to him "What?" he asks, I looked at him "Don't snap at me because of what just happened" he leans his head back onto the wall, rolling his eyes "Whatever Arthur, can you fuck off?" he snaps at me, I looked at him "No, stop acting like you're trying to be this scary leader, I get it you're heartbroken about everything that has happened but you can't be acting like this now you have another responsibility it doesn't sit right with me. You need to change how you act towards the people who are trying to help you. Let them in for once Lorenzo, or you'll lose them for good and you know it". I got up walked back out and shook my head.

~Valerie~
I sat on the spare bed in the guest room, I walked out sneakily going into town. It was the only right thing to do, everything I have done to others including my family wasn't right, I was delusional. God I was so sick in the head I do deserve what Lorenzo said to me and goddamn he meant it. I teared up walking into the police station, I took a deep breath walking inside. "Is there anything we can help you with Miss?" one of the police officers said. I walked towards them "I'm Valerie Cohen, I'm on your wanted list" they looked at me with shock, I'm guessing they were surprised I actually showed up. I heard running from behind me it was Lorenzo standing there breathing heavily "Mr Conti, what can we help you with?" he walked over to the desk "I need to talk with the chief" he lifts up a case, I grabbed his arm "Lorenzo doesn't help me again, I deserve this. Everything". But he didn't listen he walked into an office. The officer told me to take a seat and I sat there patiently.

Lorenzo walked out shaking the chief's hand walking over to me and he held me up "Val, I can't see our daughter gone then you being stuck in prison, I may not like you but I can't see you suffering in such a horrible place" what he said somehow lightened my heart.

.