Chapter thirty three

- Lorenzo
Weeks have passed and I and Valerie have become closer and closer every day, it's like she never left at this point. I spend most of my free time with her and our daughter and it has been the best weeks of my life. I didn't only get to spend time with Valerie but I got to spend time with my little angel Phoebe. Seeing how good a mother Valerie makes me respect her more, she shows so much love to Phoebe and it's amazing to see how Valerie is around our daughter.

I put her into her crib for a nap as I walked into the kitchen to see Valerie sitting at the dining table looking through papers "What are you working on?" I asked, her eyes don't leave the paper and she was on the phone with someone. I sat opposite her she smiled as she continued with her phone call. I watched her, I moved my foot up against the calf of her leg she looked at me mouthing to me 'don't' I just chuckled, moving my foot in-between her legs. She stuttered holding the phone on her shoulder as she dug her nails into my leg. I moved my leg back "Fuck" she just smirked. I rolled my eyes getting up and I hear Phoebe crying from her bedroom.

I walked into her room to see her hands peeking out from the bars of her crib, I smiled picking her up gently and caressing her back "It's okay angel, Dada's got you" I kissed her cheek, sitting down on the rocking chair. I held her into my arms close to my chest, seeing her calming down melted my heart. She felt safe enough to fall back asleep. I smiled, playing with her little ringlets of curls. I wiped my eyes just watching her sleeping peacefully in my arms.

-Azar
I came to Valerie's place after she told me everything about the conversation with her and Nirvana. I was shocked that Nirvana never mentioned anything to me about this situation in general. I love that woman don't get me wrong but she's still Reign's sister so it's rare for her to not tell the real truth about everything.

So hopefully if I find out where Marco Kingston is I can find out what happened to Reina so I can put this to rest. Not for me but for her children, I want all of it to stop, those kids are going through too much harm, the past is coming into the present and it is terrifying. That's why I came here because Valerie is going to be doing research and I can't have her involved anymore. She'll hurt Lionel for sure, no one doesn't need the past's truth. Neither do I.

Walking slowly into the entrance of the house, I hear Phoebe crying so I make it up to her bedroom but before I barge in I see Lorenzo there with her comforting her. I smiled watching him through the door, he's changed for the better. Phoebe is changing this man.

I walked off quietly to go downstairs towards Valerie she put down her phone as I looked at her "Stop working on the past, it's called the past for a reason Valerie" I grabbed all the papers, shoving them back into the files "I'm doing this for Lionel" she says.

"You aren't Valerie, if you bring out the past to those Ramirez kids it'll hurt them more" I kept packing away the papers "No you mean it'll expose you dad" I looked at her and just chuckled "I care about those kids like they are my own you'll see that when Phoebe is older and she hears past about you now put this away". She rolls her eyes and she moved back and just nodded "Thank you" I say holding the files.

I walked out while taking a deep breath I made sure I got further away from the house so I could burn this to dust. I don't care if I'll be exposed but those kids can't be hurt even more. I'll make sure of it.

I threw the papers down setting them on fire with my lighter as I watched the grey dusty smoke rise into the sky I looked up and smiled "I got you, Reina".