Chapter nineteen

At 10:00 pm, I walked into the room quietly looking down at her, she just had a few bruises and grazes on her face. I gently moved my hand onto her forehead "Wake up honey" I say softly, holding her face. 

~Lucy~

I heard a subtle voice, I slowly opened my eyes to see a blurry figure standing beside me. I rubbed my eyes, noticing who it was. I screamed out, his hand covered my mouth. "Valerie" he says sharply. My eyes widened with shock, I continued to stare at him. He chuckles "You really think changing your name and identity will make me clueless honey?" he uncovered my mouth and sat down on the chair beside the bed. 

His chuckle haunted me.

I pulled myself up and looked at him "I thought you were dead" I gulped, he looked back at me "If you don't know, you don't fucking know". I rolled my eyes, purely hated his personality. "Valerie princess, my little girl I've missed you. Won't you give your dad a hug?" he smiled, I gulped again I just laid there still in shock "You fucked over not me" I snapped at him. He chuckled "People make mistakes honey" he stood up and walked towards the door. "What are you doing?" I sit up, watching him. "I could tell Lorenzo who you are honey, but that would be boring". I sat back my face was in disgust "You wouldn't do that, you wouldn't fuck over your own family". He lets out a chuckle "You have blood on your hands darling, you're the one who tried to kill me. I picture everything and when you left, Lorenzo came and gave me a deal to work with him. The deal was exciting to find you, but me to find you wouldn't be so funny. Imagine Lorenzo finding out his new colleague is his ex hook up" he laughs while watching me tear up. "You wouldn't snitch me in" I say as tears fell down my face. "I could, but family sticks together. So when can I see my granddaughter?" he sits back down, smiling. I looked at him "You aren't here to kill me?" I say anxiously, he shook his head "I don't kill family, maybe you should learn that lesson princess".I rolled my eyes as I put my hand out to him, he gently took it while smiling "I will protect you at all cost Lucy". I nod and mouthed to him 'Thank you' he nodded walking out of the room. I took a deep breath in, it was all so emotional I couldn't believe my dad was alive. I wanted to give him a hug but I was too mad at myself he was right family shouldn't kill family. I put my head down and sobbed, I repeated to myself 'I'm sorry' many times but no one could hear. I really chose power over family and that what really breaks my heart. I chose something over family, I tried killing the man who protected me my whole entire life. I showed weakness not power. 

~Arthur~

I walked into the room after hours of waiting "Fucking finally, took their time" I rubbed the back of my neck while walking over to the bed "Lu are you in pain? Why are you crying?". I held up her face, rubbing her cheek. She looked up at me "Azar is alive" she says, I stood up fast "WHAT". I fainted just afterwards. I woken up by her prodding my arm with her foot, I stood back up "You killed him, you- liar" I crossed my arms "When? How? Why?" "Shut up, he works for Lorenzo and he knows it's me. So shut it before Lorenzo walks in". I rolled my eyes "Like he walks in" before I finished my sentence, Lorenzo walks in with food and beverages. I looked at him and fainted again. 

~Lucy~

I put my hand to my forehead "Arthur" I kicked him hard. I looked up at Lorenzo "Mr. Conti.." he looks at me confused "Wrong timing?" I shook my head "He's just dramatic" he rolled his eyes, walking over putting the stuff on the table. "Thanks" I rubbed my arm as he walked back to the door. And that's when Azar walked back in as I thought to myself 'Poor Arthur'. He finally wakes up, as he stood up "I'm good" he walks over to the door walking into Azar "I'm not good" he passes back out as Azar catches him. "So.. just sit him on the chair" I say to Azar. He just drops him on the floor, I roll my eyes but I couldn't act like myself because I can't blow my cover-up. I lean back, holding onto the blanket for comfort.