Chapter forty two

Valerie
I still can't believe that Sofia was behind it all, she was supposed to be Lorenzo's best friend, not a traitor who picked Rehan over her best friend. When Lorenzo told me she helped Rehan kidnap our daughter was something I didn't expect at all. She minute Lorenzo told me I wanted to torture her until her last breath but I didn't and trust me I regret it, but I respect Lorenzo's choice about letting her stay alive for now.

I feel I can't fully function before I know she is dead, her being alive makes me worried. She was trained by Lorenzo after all, so she can be capable of anything. My head is full of different thoughts of what she could do if she managed to escape. She would go after me that I know for sure, she could harm Phoebe, and only thinking of that make me feel sick to my stomach. When Jayden told me he was the one that kidnapped her and how he did it feels too easy, she must have something planned I don't know what but it has to be something. I know Lorenzo has said that she won't be able to escape but what if she does?

If someone manage to harm Phoebe they would not only break me but turn me into the killer that my father even is afraid of. I would turn the world upside down for my own amusement. There are only 2 people in my life that have seen me like that and that's my father and brother and that person I don't want to turn into because I don't know if anyone would manage to pull me out of that stage.

Lorenzo has been focused on work these couple of days, he still spends time with Phoebe but besides that I barely see him. I can't lie but Lorenzo is the missing piece I needed in my life and also the person that our daughter needed. He has helped me with Phoebe more than he notice himself. Having him back in my life is a such good feeling. He has changed from how he was when we first met but I still love him, how he is now is intriguing and makes me get more attracted to him. I won't say he makes me have butterflies but it's something in my body that tells me to go for him and maybe I will. I will see where this leads us because now we are at a good place and Phoebe has both of her parents by her side and I couldn't be happier.

I've spent most of my day on my daughter hearing her giggle truly makes my heart melt completely. Me and Phoebe spent a lot of time at the park to just get out of the house for a while, her playing in the sand with her tiny hands is just too adorable. The sun making her eyes shine like diamonds makes me think of how lucky I am to have her as my daughter. she is too young to understand but she helps me a lot through all my bad thoughts. She is the light in my life.

- Lorenzo
These days have been hectic for me, Between work and watching Sofia. She's been in and out of consciousness since Valerie visited her, but what can I expect Valerie is dangerous especially if she's mad. I know telling Valerie about Sofia was the right thing to do, Sofia knew the consequences of hurting any of us. Is it something Valerie cares about more than herself then it's our daughter anyone that dares to hurt our daughter has to deal with a furious Valerie and I don't even feel sorry for them, they were stupid enough to touch Phoebe.

I stand in my office looking out the window thinking about what I should do about the Sofia situation, it's something that doesn't make any sense. I know for a fact that she isn't that stupid to meet Jayden without a plan. But what the hell is she planning? I have people guarding the door to the room she's in. But what worries me is that it's awfully quiet down there. I decide to go down to check and to my surprise both of the guards are dead. I go into panic mode and run back upstairs seeing Sofia standing in my office when she turns around she takes up the gun pointing it at me.

~

I looked at her "Sofia, your time is over" I say with a smirk on my face "There are no bullets in there Sofia so you can't get rid of me" I picked up my glass and chuckled. Sofia had tears falling down her pale face, I stood there just mesmerised by how she thought she had won.

-Sofia
I stood looking at him with my finger over the trigger "I never wanted this to happen, but can't you see I was in love with you. I wouldn't hurt you, I knew what I did was bad. But you gave me no choice Lorenzo, I was so deeply in love with you and you chose her over me, that killed me. We were best friends and you fell for a Cohen, I did my time of training to get closer to you. I wanted to know what were your intentions but you didn't love me and I see that now". I breathed heavily while starting to sob.

"I just wanted to be loved, like how Valerie has you now". I looked down, holding the gun tighter bringing it down from him. "Sofia, you're fucking delusional don't you see that" I nodded to his words, I wiped my eyes bringing the gun up to my temple. I continued to sob looking at him "I'm trapped, you killed me, Lorenzo. You did this, my blood is on your hands".

-Lorenzo
After those words the shot went off, I looked at her falling to the ground, and tears fell from my eyelashes. "I'm sorry" I mumble to myself, grabbing the gun and multiple times shooting over her body.

"I'm just a popular monster love".