11

ⓟⓡⓔⓣⓔⓝⓓⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓑⓔⓣⓣⓔⓡ

How long had she been 'sleeping'? Rae didn't know but a strong smell of corpse woke her up and her mouth let out a terrifying scream once her eyes met dull eyes of previous monster who was torturing her. His destroyed face was facing her and the girl immediately puked disgustingly, making her body ache everywhere. She was losing blood for sure but she can't risk dying at that moment, she had to get the girls out first. Placing her both tattered hands on the wall to support her body, Rae braved herself to stand up despite her broken bones pounded really hard.

She had untied the rope around her wrist with a sharp rock and slowly waddled to Wendy and Carla. They were breathing, thank goodness. "Wendy, hey hey-" It was futile, she's not showing any sign to wake up even after she tried to pat her cheek. However, they can't stay there, the other monster might be back again. Rae then put her down and went back to the corpse to find a key for the gate, holding her breath to not inhale its smell but in the end, she can't find one. The other monster might have already taken it. Her mind then remembered the necklace.

It might work. Rae groaned and her eyes teared up a bit as her body screamed internally in pain once she stood straight to carry Wendy and Carla in her arms. Obviously she was not in a state to move. Using every little bits of her energy left, Rae inhaled the air and prayed to no one, wishing it would work. "Please, please, please." Her lips mumbled incoherently as she tried to picklock using Gray's necklace and eventually, the big lock fell onto the floor, producing a clang sound that unexpectedly brought up a new hope for her.

She carried the girls outside, sometimes, she would stumble over her foot and fall. Once she was far away from the prison, her ears could catch unfamiliar voices talking-their voices were loud and doing a sneak peak through a gap between the wall, she saw many weird creatures lounging in a spacious room, quite far from there. What scared her the most was the previous red creature was there as well. Her heart had never been that anxious. She had to get away from there quickly but her legs didn't seem to give any cooperation, she had grown tired.

Her eyes looked down, weakly fixated on her blue hair. She was glad that Wendy didn't seem to have any scratch on her. Her hand went to her face once Rae had sat down against a wall to rest for a while. Going that far for a little girl she barely knew, Rae was impressed of herself for holding on that long. "Your family must be on their way to save you both." Carla, an exceed just like Lector and Frosch, lied on Wendy's stomach while the young girl had her head on Rae's lap. As she was playing with a few strand of Wendy's blue hair, she finally found a cause of her slumber.

There was purple bug hiding in her hair and she quickly took it off to throw it away. Rae did the same to Carla but just after she found another on Carla, the bugs grew bigger and crawled to her. "No!" She turned her body to shield the girls and much to her relief, Wendy eventually opened her eyes. The young girl was still clueless about the situation but seeing the face of someone everyone had been searching for immediately alarmed her. A fast glimpse of her kidnapped by a few guys startled her but now was not the correct time to think about it.