24

ⓗⓔⓡ ⓢⓘⓝⓢ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓤⓡⓢⓔ

ⓗⓔⓡ ⓢⓘⓝⓢ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓤⓡⓢⓔ

"Be patient, you are not supposed to use the power yet. Remember the purpose of losing those memories. Don't ever try to unlock them, it'll only torture you."

Rae looked around in the empty world, searching for the voice. Everything was black, but there's no doubt that the voice was indeed hers. "Who are you? Are you the real Rae King? Or are you Blaire Heartfilia. Answer me, please!" There was a chuckle in reply. Rae turned around once she sensed a presence of someone behind her yet no one was there. Everything was too overwhelming and a light began to appear in one spot ahead of her, but she couldn't move, there were hands holding her legs. And there she was, a figure who looked very much the same as her.

"Poor child. Rae King, Blaire Heartfilia, you, me, we are all the same person and vessel." The clone of hers smiled, yet her beautiful face did not look happy at all. "It's difficult, isn't it? To lie to everyone." She approached Rae slowly and although they looked similar, Rae could feel their differences. The girl in front of her was prettier than she ever could be. There were no scars on her, unlike her, she didn't have her ugly fingers whereas Rae had no nails. No flaw on her except there was no sincere smile on her face.

"We are the same?"

The clone nodded. "We are indeed." Her eyes looked at the tattered clothes Rae was wearing and the scars she had. "It's going to be a more complicated path from now on but please bear in mind, you shall not unleash your power yet. At least not now."

Rae was confused. "What do you mean? If I am truly the powerful Rae King, then I need my power back to fight with my family—"

"You will soon understand why. Just bear in mind that this is what you wanted back then. It was your wish to temporarily erase those memories and conceal the magic power. It was your decision to be captured by Surtur during past years. It was all a part of your plan, you have foreseen al of these beforehand. But know this, you weren't supposed to be found by Fairy Tail yet, there might be a change of plan but the target hasn't changed. You shall not expose you are in fact, Blaire Heartfilia, the wife of Zeref Dragneel."

Rae raised her hand to look at the ring. "Zeref—what are the relations between—"

"Everything has its time and this was your decision. The Prophecy of Black Enchantress did not end with Zeref's magic and our 'first' death." She touched Rae's cheek and soon rested her forehead on hers. "It is going to be hard and difficult but we can do this. We've lived too many times and each life ended with a curse because we are not supposed to be here. Each life ended with our loved ones dying. Each life we met the same people and fell for the same person. At the end, everyone died because of us. But this time, we have to change the ending. There's a reason for everything, for why our life is eternal and why we could not have our euphoria."