12

ⓢⓐⓕⓔ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓢⓞⓤⓝⓓ

ⓢⓐⓕⓔ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓢⓞⓤⓝⓓ

"Gray-san!"

Rae felt her breath hitched as a flash glimpse of raven hair ran passed her side to take care of the monster ahead and as if time seemed to be slowing down, every tiny movement of his, the heavier her heart got. Although there was another silver haired girl with him, she didn't pay much attention to that, all she was seeing was him. The man whom she had been secretly praying to be met with the girl he had been longing for, the man who had unknowingly confessed that he had fallen for Rae King, the same man that had cried over her in rain, the same man that wished for her to be gone.

"Stay close to me." His hand held her wrist, she could feel the coldness spread on her skin but never once she shivered because of his magic, for some reason, he was warm. Her heart broke for another round as she realized that she wasn't ready to meet them. Her glossy silver eyes stared blankly on his fingers around her wrist, her mind was wondering desperately on what did she do to him till he's wishing for her to disappear. Why did she break his heart? No. How could she break his heart like that? But, she couldn't help it if her old self chose someone else.

It was too much for her obviously but, the situation she's facing right now was more important as they were surrounded by more monsters. Her ears only caught them shouting at each other, struggling to keep her focus but once Gray yanked her hand hard to avoid an attack, Rae immediately pushed all the thoughts away to help them. But before she could do anything, it was all over. Her eyes stared at them unbelievable, were they that strong? They didn't even sweat and that reminded her of Sting, he did boast many times about Fairy Tail being the strongest guild ever.

"Artemis-san, how did you find us so quick?"

"Tracking spell and teleportation." Artemis turned to her and got down on one knee to kiss Rae's hand however, Rae retracted her hand fast to avoid showing her badly wounded hand. Artemis didn't even spare any attention to that as she was deeply worried about her condition, Rae had blood all over clothes. "At your service, Your Majesty. Your humble servant truly apologizes for being late. Are you wounded anywhere, Your Majesty?"

Ah, so that girl was Artemis and if Rae wasn't mistaken, Artemis was a demon spirit under her reign. Saying her thanks to Wendy for calling the name, internally, Rae gathered all of her strength to act and talk like the Dark Enchantress. Her lips smiled. "Nothing too bad, Artemis. It's good now that you're here, I haven't regained my energy yet so it's better for us to head home now. They could be here anytime. It's dangerous for us to be here, there are too many of them." It felt weird to say the word, home, in front of strangers.

Of course, Artemis would feel weird when her Queen said that since the famous Dark Enchantress could take all of them easily with a single strike, they were just lowly creatures. "Of course, Your Majesty." But since she was tired, it's better to head back for now.