16

Ⓘ'ⓜ ⓗⓞⓜⓔ

Ⓘ'ⓜ ⓗⓞⓜⓔ

Locking her round and big silver eyes on the huge door ahead, the little girl was anxious and nervous to meet her new family, Fairy Tail. Although a lot had happened yesterday—she was mistakenly thought to be a thief, knocked out and tied up—however things were good now. Master Makarov had allowed her to be a part of their family. The back of her hand, she could still feel the coldness feeling of the insignia stamp on it. A proud emblem of Fairy Tail was on her hand. She can't believe it, after months travelling across the continent, she finally reached Fairy Tail.

"What are you standing here all for?" The raven haired boy from yesterday suddenly spoke up beside her, making her roll her eyes over his shirtless figure. As usual, he would freak out over his clothes, saying he had spent a lot of money to buy the clothes. It was a wonder, how did he manage to lose his clothes every two minutes? Was it that difficult to make sure he's wearing clothes? The boy named Gray sure raised a lot of questions to her. But, she's sure they won't be acquaintances as she intended to stay low and avoid people.

She didn't answer him, instead she just stared at the huge door again. Knowing behind that door was going to turn her life 180°, of course she's feeling nervous. Exhaling heavy breaths for quite numbers of time now, she began to irritate the boy beside her. He was getting impatient now but what was that for? He could have just opened it himself but he knew that moment was hers alone. He never knew, opening a door can be that hard, her eyes were not joking. They seemed very serious and he was amused to see her all panicked just because of that.

"Just open the door, dummy." His palm pushed her back gently.

It was no different now. Rae looked straight on the door with mixed feelings, she was scared and frightened yet at the same time, she was feeling courageous. Behind that door, was her family, the one who had always been there for her but she didn't know their names. She didn't remember them. Sure it's hard. Just like her past experience, Rae found herself taking deep breaths to properly prepare herself, making a certain Ice Mage get a deja Vu. His eyes focused on every tiny things she did, playing with her sleeves, eyes fixated on the door yet cautiously looked around, as if she's afraid of people seeing her like that.

"Mama, we're home." Haruka held her hand.

Natsu grinned. "Come on, Rae, they have been waiting for you!"

Gray went behind Rae, hand gently placed on her back and within one push, he whispered something to her quietly. Only for her. "Just open the door, dummy." That encouragement moved something inside her and Rae swallowed hard before pushing the door open with a small part of bravery left in her body. She could hear it all from outside, those loud ruckus happened inside—it was lively indeed but all of that turned into a dead silence once she made the move. She could feel many stares on her and suddenly she wanted to turn around now.