19

ⓐⓝⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ ⓟⓐⓡⓣⓘⓝⓖ

ⓐⓝⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ ⓟⓐⓡⓣⓘⓝⓖ

"Why? Why did you save me? Didn't I hurt you enough?"

Her silver eyes that no longer had the sparks he had fallen in love with looked up to him and Gray gritted his teeth, reaching out his other hand to pull her up. Earlier, he swore he could feel his heart stop when the last thing he saw before she fell was her hand. Didn't want to experience the agony once again, Gray had rushed forward to grab her wrist. Veins began to be seen on his forearms and up to his neck. "I don't mind, Rae. I don't care if you're going to use or hurt me, I don't care-but don't ever think of leaving me like this. It's torturing me, it hurts more than seeing you with him." He didn't even bother mention his name. To Gray, Jellal was just a him that he'll never be.

He pulled her up.

Rae cried and sobbed. "Why? Why are you so nice to me? After all things I've done! I've deceived you. I've hurt you more than enough. I stole her place! This thing called family -I don't deserve this! Why can't you just let me be?! I hate you! I hate you so much, Gray Fullbuster! I hate how you are a stranger to me yet you always caught my eyes when you were in the room!" It's because I hurt you the most. She punched his chest. Eyes getting moistened than ever with tears stained her cheeks. Everything felt heavy. The atmosphere there-it made her breathing seemed to be complicated to do so.

I hate how you are a stranger to me yet you always caught my eyes when you were in the room! Gray smiled. The Ice Mage just closed his eyes and pulled her close, ignoring how she kept trashing around. He didn't care if her fists were hitting him at that moment. He didn't care. He was just happy and relieved that she's safe. His large arms engulfed her curled body like a warm blanket did. Despite him being an Ice Mage, his body was surprisingly warm and Gray's fingers combed through her blonde hair, shushing her gently and trying to calm her down.

"Even if you forgot about me, Rae, I will still accept you as you are. You are Rae King and Blaire Heartfilia, either one you are still apart of Fairy Tail. I know it's you, Rae. I recognize these lovely eyes, even if you don't recognize me." His fingers stroked her hair, successfully managed to calm her down for a little bit, although she was quite shaken over whatever things happened earlier. Hearts were beating fast yet they could feel the world around them was playing slow. He really thought he would lose her again.

She crumpled his clothes, holding on to him too tight. Her eyes stared back at him with such sadness that he wished to wipe it away because he loved her too much. "Why are you being so kind to me? I'm not the girl you're in love with. I'm not her. I'm not the strong and powerful Dark Enchantress. Heck, I don't even have magic like any of you. I'm just a weak human with no memories. I could be an enemy without knowing! I pretend to be your Rae because I don't have the heart to tell you the truth. Even if I am your Rae, I lost my magic. I'm not a wizard."