25

ⓦⓗⓘⓣⓔ ⓜⓐⓖⓘⓒ

ⓦⓗⓘⓣⓔ ⓜⓐⓖⓘⓒ

"What? We're stopping for two hours here?"

Rae woke up from her slumber by a soft nudge from her daughter and her head throbbed, must be because of her dream. Everyone was pretty excited to get out for a bit of fresh air and the girls, Wendy and Haruka were pumped up to take a look at the bookstores ahead. Rae decided to go outside as well, but she certainly did not want to walk with Gray. She didn't know how to face him—should she treat him as a friend? But that would hurt him even more and she can't exactly treat him like a lover since she had Jellal.

"Rae, what's wrong—"

"Glen dear?"

Rae looked straight and saw Juvia's lookalike walking towards them. "I'll just go ahead." Perfect chance for her to avoid him even more. Rae didn't wait for his reply and pulled her hand out of his grip, as if she was caught stealing him from Juvina. The blonde haired girl hurried to leave the place, although she had to admit that she was a bit bothered by him being with Juvina, she shall not disturb them anymore. Rae was not a fool, she had seen the way Fairy Tail Juvia looked at Gray.

"I am not supposed to be here. Does my existence interrupt the fate of this world that bad?" Rae ruffled her hair and strolled leisurely, eyes looking left and right to enjoy the scenery. Although, her head and heart were restless but somehow, talking a walk there had relaxed her mind and body a bit. She probably shouldn't try hard to remember things, but she did need to be stronger. Just as she was determined to get stronger, there was a flyer passed to her. It was an announcement of the opening of a fighting ring.

Rae bit her lower lip, should she try it? But she probably didn't have any clue of martial arts, however, she was the strongest wizard in Fiore, her body and muscles should have remembered the adrenaline rush of fighting. She should be fine, yes. It was reckless of her to join that tournament just to practice her combat skill but she couldn't think of any other way. Her eyes flashed red for a second and Rae was determined to participate her name in that. Immediately, she ran to the venue, although she couldn't use any magic power, she should be at least strong physically.

"Yes, this is an insane idea." The fighting ring was filled with people and apparently, for the qualification round, each participant needed to survive and fight their way to be enlisted as the top 4 fighters. Rae covered her ears, it was too loud there and it seemed like she was the only girl. "If I die here, would I be reborn again?" For some reason, perhaps she would like to redo her life. Rae took a look at the screen, no doubt everyone had their attention on her. It was a wise move to eliminate the weakest first but Rae was slightly annoyed that she was considered to be the weakest.

"You're gonna die, girl."

"What the—" The fight started.