14

ⓦⓗⓞ ⓗⓤⓡⓣⓢ ⓦⓗⓞ

ⓦⓗⓞ ⓗⓤⓡⓣⓢ ⓦⓗⓞ

"Haruka, Natsu took my fish!"

"Natsu, drop it down." Haruka had her hands on her hips like a mother, her face sternly raised an eyebrow over his action, emphasizing each word to scold him. "It's not nice to steal Happy's food." Holding a plate in her right hand, she pulled Natsu's chin hard with her other hand to take the fish out of his mouth casually then handed Bella her plate as if there was no Natsu choking on the fishbones behind. Happy gasped in joy and his tail wiggled in reflex, saying his thanks to her.

Bella chomped on her fruit. "Seriously, what am I going to do with you?"

"Nee-san, do you want more?" Lucy handed her a plate of sliced mangoes.

Rae nodded however she noticed untouched broccoli on Lucy's plate. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Lucy, you still don't eat your broccoli?" Oh how bizarre, for a minute, Rae was stunned by herself. How did she know Lucy didn't like broccoli? She was puzzled. She didn't remember Minerva or Yukino told her about that, so how did she know it? Hiding that expression with a stoic cool face, Rae looked at Lucy who was puffing her cheeks for a while now, probably rumbling about how broccoli tasted like a tree. The older sister chuckled at the cuteness, pushing her plate towards Lucy.

"Hehe." Lucy grinnned sheepishly while took her broccoli and put it on Rae's plate. Just like she always did before.

It had been only a day since Rae woke up but, she already insisted on eating downstairs with others. Said, it would help her heal faster than cooping in the room alone. The atmosphere of their friendliness was nice. Thankfully, none of them hadn't approached her to ask what happened a year ago yet. By now, she had met everyone, Haruka, Lucy, Bella, Jellal, Erza, her closest friend, Natsu, Ciel, a guy who was once her opponent during a tournament and Gray. However, she didn't take any action yet to approach him, neither he. But she would notice his gaze every time they were in the same room.

About her power, maybe it's better to tell them the truth, well not entirely. She shall tell them that her magic was disable for now for some reasons. They wouldn't ask more if she said it involved Surtur's power which she didn't have any clue about him as well. She will tell them once they're home. On the other hand, about her memory loss, it would have been better if she acted normal. First, because she was afraid of their reactions but what's more important was, if she was truly the powerful Rae King, she was bound to have enemies and if the news about her losing her memories, it would be bad if those enemies ambushed them.

"Rae, what are you thinking about?" He touched her face.

Her eyes quickly snapped to his direction. His smile, just as she thought, it was beautiful. To think she had a great family and lover, she was truly feeling special but it's not for her. All the devotion and love, they're not for her. They're for the Rae King they were growing up with. Not some girl who came from out of nowhere with no memories of them being together. It felt like she stole the lights from someone. The spot she's sitting right now belonged to somebody else. Although the Sabertooth girls had convinced her that she's the Rae King, Rae was still doubting that fact.