17

ⓣⓘⓝⓨ ⓕⓐⓜⓘⓛⓨ

ⓣⓘⓝⓨ ⓕⓐⓜⓘⓛⓨ

"Haruka, have you—" Jellal stopped talking his mid-sentence as Rae put a finger to her lips, shushing softly. Her eyes trailed down on two figures of Lucy and Haruka sleeping soundly on each side of her lap with Bella in the between. Fortunately, the couch was big enough to give them space. Seemed like the girls were too tired after the dinner earlier, they were really thrilled to help Rae in the kitchen. Jellal was overjoyed as the noise of their voices and hers had lightened his house that had been visibly silent and sorrow, now he can finally see the lights on again.

Rae could feel the back of her neck and her back began to ache at the moment, if it wasn't because of him, she would have to experience it more. Jellal carried Haruka and Bella to their room that had been made specifically for them. The way he cooed to the young girl when she stirred in her sleep, the way he gently put his hands under her legs and head to pick her up, the way his eyes gave away his fatherly instinct, all about him at that point made Rae feel home. She could see why her past self fall for him.

But what about Gray? He's also the same. She didn't know what was the Rae King thinking before. Come to think of it, both Gray and Jellal are similar in some kind of way. Their gazes on me. I could see they really adore and love Rae. Of course, she's still talking as if she and the Rae King were different persons. Just trying to remember anything about it made her brain hurt. It's best if she did it slowly. Her fingers caressed her sister's face, a little smile was seen when Lucy mumbled her name in her sleep.

I shall live as Rae King and try not to disappoint anyone.

Jellal came out of Haruka's room and stood against the wall. "I've prepared the bed in her room." He smiled.

Rae nodded and slowly lifted Lucy's head to move her legs. She carried her sister and surprisingly, she had enough strength to do that. Either she still had Rae King's strength or she was used to carry Lucy before. "Nee-san—don't go." The Celestial Spirit Mage whimpered, her head turned to Rae's neck and her breath got heavier as if she's crying. She kept pleading and Jellal grew worried. His relax posture immediately changed, eyes looking back at Rae. Clearly, Lucy was having a nightmare.

"I'm here, Lucy. I'm not going anywhere." Rae spoke and tightened her hold around Lucy, pulling her sister close to her chest. Although Happy and Natsu kept saying Lucy was heavy, Rae didn't find it true as she was able to carry her without problem. She brought her to the room, which Jellal had corrected her earlier when she was mistakenly walked in the wrong direction. She gently laid her on the bed. "Good night, Lucy." Covering her with a blanket, the older sister leaned down and put her lips on the forehead. Her eyes lingering on her sister, observing how her face did look similar to hers.

She still had the doubt but the thought of having a family washed it away. Rae quietly left the room and closed the door. She found Jellal waiting for her in front of their room. He even held his hand out for her which Rae could only stare at his calloused hand with uncertainty, however, she accepted his hand nevertheless and Jellal opened the door of the bedroom to show her a bouquet of flowers that he had prepared. "I would get new flowers every day to remember your face. I once had forgotten who you are and to not repeat the same history again, I did this to remember how bright your smiles were when I gave you flowers."