𝟢𝟢 | 𝖲𝖳𝖱𝖤𝖤𝖳 𝖯𝖱𝖠𝖸𝖤𝖱

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘

Statistically speaking, a person changed every seven years. Regardless of everyday being a day to start fresh, that's just the start of your progression. The only way a person can change immediately is if a component of their life changes drastically leaving them with no other choice to adapt.

Most people need to want to change in order to follow through with it. It usually takes about thirty days of consistently doing something to form a habit to become a lasting change.

In this instance, Demon and Corinne were each other's missing component. Corinne was young and with only one other serious relationship under her belt, she lacked experience and the love she felt for him made her blind to the red flags that presented in both of them. Demon on the other hand, wasn't aware that love didn't automatically equal trust and that a solid relationship was built on trust.

If we wanted to blame anyone for this, we could blame their families.

Corinne's family lacked respect for her personal boundaries which they claimed to be out of love. This was why Corinne didn't see the disregard for opinions and feelings as a red flag.

Demon's family was blended with with liars and abusers (both domestic and substances). He was used to not be told the truth and not telling the truth. Demon was also familiar with family not truly loving and protecting each other how they should've. This spiraled into poor communication skills, and being unable to convey emotions in order to heal.

This also showed him how to take his blessings for granted. While neither one of them were active in church, their grandmother's were. The older women believed in prayer being the mainline to God who would give you your saving grace.

Demon felt he didn't need God to know that he needed Corinne in his life. What he would learn is that he would meed someone to guide him as he went through his journey to become the person she deserved. Corinne was unfamiliar with trauma and heartbreak was a top two event. She didn't know how someone she loved whole heartedly could hurt her and she also didn't know how to stop loving someone who hurt her to the capacity that they did.

Regardless of being on two different journeys of self discovery, they both would only lead them to each other.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓

i. street prayer x lil durk | ii. you're mines still x yung bleu (ft. drake) | iii. deep x summer walker |iv. deeper x summer walker|v. statement x g herbo |
vi. power trip x j. cole (ft. miguel) | vii. till the wheels fall off x a boogie | viii. every freakin day x lil durk | ix. what go around x toosii | x. pain x j.i the prince of ny | xi. finesse out the gangway x lil durk (ft. lil baby) | xii. talk 2 you x brent faiyaz | xiii. demon x king von | xiv. my affection x summer walker | xv. good days x sza | xvi. pretty wings (uncut) x maxwell | xvii. f**k yo man x king von | xviii. losing x h.e.r. | xix. this way x khalid & h.e.r. | xx. dance for you x beyoncé | *bonus track - instigator x lil durk

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒!
this story will include mature content such as explicit/vulgar language, sexual content, violence, mentions of drugs, and alcohol

⚠︎ 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ⚠︎

NO PARTS OF THIS BOOK ARE ABLE TO BE REPRODUCED THIS PLOTS, CHARACTERS, AND LAYOUTS WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME. ALL NAMES, CHARACTER, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT ONLY!

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃
09•11•21

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
10•04•21

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃
07•01•22

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃
tbd

best viewed in black!