𝟣𝟤 | 𝖲𝖠𝖵𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖦𝖱𝖠𝖢𝖤

"YOU COMING WITH ME?" Corinne asks Demon, putting garlic mashed potatoes in the two foam trays

"YOU COMING WITH ME?" Corinne asks Demon, putting garlic mashed potatoes in the two foam trays. "Why wouldn't I go with you?" Demon questions, making Corinne look at him. "Cause you don't know what to say to them." She mumbles, grabbing a large piece of pot roast from the glass dish she had roasted it in. "What can I say?"

Cherish Jonai Jones was born at 2:31am on June 12th and was confirmed as deceased at 2:32. Cassie and Tadoe got to spend 38 minutes with their baby before having Cassie's mom go inform their friends that they could come and see her before she would go to the hospital morgue.

No one said much in the small delivery room other than offering their condolences because there wasn't much anyone could say. Corinne had tried to convince herself that the four pound baby was sleeping to truly appreciate Cherish's beauty without taking into account the suffering that was caused.

"You can't treat them like something's wrong with them because their baby died. It wasn't fair. It's scary and it's traumatizing but I promise you the last thing they want right now is for everybody to treat them like glass." She ladles the gravy like broth on top of the meat and mashed potatoes. "We gone ask if they okay and just be there for them."

Demon just nodded, looking at her focus on playing the food she had made with Cassie and Tadoe in mind. He felt as if she was projecting because she had experienced a miscarriage and he was 100 percent there so they could be each other's support system. He attempted to refrain from saying anything to her about what she said but it was a lingering thought that needed to be developed.

Now on the way to visit the mourning parents, they sat in Corinne's car waiting for whoever was holding up the line to get out of the parking garage. "I got a question and don't get all defensive. Talking 'bout you don't wanna talk about it right now cause it's selfish." Demon says, still trying to perfectly adjust the seat to his liking. She looks at him, nodding making him go on to ask his question.

"Are you trying to be there for Cassie how you wanted me to be there for you when you miscarried last year?"

"No. I don't know if it's cause I was alone the entire time I was pregnant but I honestly didn't want to be bothered with you and you didn't leave me alone." Corinne tells him. "So you ain't think about telling nobody?" He asks.

"No. I miscarried on a smaller scale so I don't feel-"

"Don't do that. Just cause you wasn't as far along as she was doesn't mean it hurt any less." Demon shook his head finally pulling out of the parking garage. "We pass it though so it's whatever." She shrugs, making him shake his head. "We got two different meanings of pass it if you think we pass it."

"Just cause I'm not comfortable talking about her like you are, doesn't mean I'm not pass it. I understand you trying to your right your wrongs but it's better for me not to talk about her." It was taking a lot out of Corinne to have this conversation. "Why?"