𝟢𝟣 | 𝖱𝖤𝖬𝖨𝖭𝖨𝖲𝖢𝖨𝖭𝖦

CORINNE HANDED VALET THE CAR KEYS to her new black Mercedes E63 AMG

CORINNE HANDED VALET THE CAR KEYS to her new black Mercedes E63 AMG. She walked into Mastro's, stepping over the puddle of melted snow in her beige Chloé rubber boots. "Did you have a reservation?" The hostess asks, making Corinne nod.

"Solis for 7:30." The hostess types in her last name, finding the reservation. "Would you like to wait for the rest of your party to be seated?" She asks, grabbing the two menus. "No, I can be seated now." Corinne smiles even though she couldn't see it. "Follow me."

The hostess walks Corinne into the room where the musician was performing at the piano. The dark room was lowly lit by candles placed at the center of each table. Once seated, she removes the black disposable placing it in her purse.

She texts in the group with her and the girls about her paranoia. The girls included Dominique, Mercedes, and Cassie. Just because her relationship with Demon had crashed and burned didn't mean her relationship with his friends had to end either. She just had to apply that logic to her relationship with his family.

"Rin?" The melodic voice calls out making her look up. "Hi." She smiles, genuinely happy to see De'Anna for the first time in four months. "How've you been?" De'Anna asks, sitting down in the seat in front of the teen. "I've been good. How about you?"

"Well..." De'Anna begins before just holding out her left hand. "Oh my God. Wait..." Corinne could hardly contain her excitement looking at the ring on her hand. "We gone try again." She smiles at the five carat engagement ring in adoration because of who it reminded her of.

"Aww, y'all getting a second chance."

"We don't gotta be the only people getting a second chance." De'Anna attempts to sneak in her true motive. "He asked you to set this up, didn't he?" Corinne crosses her arms. "No...he suggested it and I wanted to talk to you anyway." De'Anna could tell Corinne was shutting down wall by wall at the mention of her son.

"What he did wasn't right. I understand that. But y'all was just too involved. Too in love to just go y'all separate ways like that relationship ain't matter." Corinne refrains from rolling her eyes at the comment. "Y'all were such good friends, relationship aside."

"He still lied to me and now my dad has to get corrective surgery next month. I can't talk about Priest without thinking that he wouldn't be in this position if he didn't have my car."

"What happened to Priest wasn't your fault." De'Anna tells her making her nod. "Exactly, it was Adonis'."

"He didn't pull the trigger, you can't blame him." The can of worms De'Anna had opened about Corinne's resentment for Demon was unexpected and unfamiliar for the both of them. Corinne was numb to a certain extent when it came to her feelings about anything involving him. "I can and I will."

"Why don't you just talk to him?" She suggests making Corinne think back to the last time she saw him which was January to pick up her grandmother's necklace that he had taken get fixed because the chain broke.