𝟥𝟦 | 𝖡𝖤𝖭𝖤𝖥𝖨𝖳𝖲

THE BABY MONITOR LIT UP AND STARTED playing the sounds coming from AD's room

THE BABY MONITOR LIT UP AND STARTED playing the sounds coming from AD's room. "Stop." Corinne places her hands on his chest to stop his movements. "But-" She cuts him off by harshly shushing him to listen carefully, trying determine what cry this was. "Get off of me. He's hungry-" Corinne pushes him off of her forcing him to pull out. "He need to start sleeping through the night." Demon complains, as Corinne sits up.

"Stop playing with my baby." She tells him, standing up. "I was tryna give you another one and he not going."

Corinne puts on her favorite Off-White robe, exiting their bedroom to start warming the bottle of breast milk. She was about to go retrieve him from his crib when Demon came into the kitchen. "Don't smile at me. You know what you was doing." He tells his son, sitting on one of the barstools.

"You be playing with my baby too much and I wish you would stop." Corinne slides the bottle across the marble island top. "He can't just be taking over my time with you." Demon mumbles, making her roll her eyes. "You had your time with me earlier." Corinne tells him, opening the refrigerator.

"We just practicing for our daughter."

"You got years before you get a daughter and I don't know if you need one if you can't share me with a son." She says, getting the container of mixed fruits out. "I know how to share. I'm grown." Demon says, supporting AD with his injured hand while feeding with his left. "Okay, so be grown and tell GG why we not going to Christmas."

De'Anna had been in her rehab facility for thirteen days and it had also been thirteen days since he had talked to anyone of his family members, excluding his sister. "You said you would tell her." He adjusts his posture.

"That was before you was so grown though." She tells him, grabbing a fork to begin eating out of the large bowl. "Not when it come to GG." Demon answers honestly.

"What's the worst that could happen if we go over there for Christmas?" Corinne asks, making him look at her with a blank stare. "Never mind but if I'm being real, I don't wanna go to my cousin house. Her husband family weird."

"And your husband family dysfunctional. You still wanna be around them."

"Umm...you're not my husband. I'mma need a different ring for that, stinkstink." She says, walking around to hold out her fork with the grape. "So you saying all I need is a ring?" He asks, before eating the grape. "I don't need a ring. It would be nice though." She continues to go back and forth between feeding him and herself fruit while he transitions from feeding to burping AD.

"Don't do that." He shakes his head, continuously patting his son's back. "Don't do what?" Corinne closes the bowl before putting it back. "Act like you don't need shit from me cause I got it."

"And I know you got it but I don't need what you have, I just need you." Getting familiar with the fact that she had her own family was challenging. For as long as she knew, she was the baby of her family and even when Jacobi came, she was still the baby. Now she had her own baby and it was her responsibility to look out for him as best she could.