𝖡𝖮𝖭𝖴𝖲 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱

SATURDAYS IN CHICAGO WERE DESIGNATED DAYS for funerals and jail visits whether the person was in the county, the Feds, or juvenile detention. Corinne and Demon sat at the metal circular table with their daughter Noémi while waiting for AD to be brought down for visiting hours. "Stop shaking, mama." Demon whispers grabbing her hand.

"I don't like this place. I don't like him in here." She shakes her head looking around at the rough teens that sat visiting their families. "I don't either but he gotta understand his actions have consequences."

To say AD was a reflection of his father was an understatement. He started raising hell much later than his father but it would still lead him down the same path.

The path Demon and Corinne made sure none of their children would have to go down.

The three of them watched the door as C.O.'s brought kids in and out of the visiting room until the person that they were waiting for came out. At fourteen, AD was significantly taller than his mother. He was 5'11 and it was no doubt in their minds that he might end up taller than his father.

He had grown into the perfect blend of his parents with Corinne's lips and eye color along with the small freckles and moles on his smooth chocolate colored skin that he had gotten from his paternal grandmother. He and his father had the same bulbous nose and almond shape eyes that made people believe he favored his father more.

"Hi Poppa," Corinne says being the first person to hug him. "Hi, mommy." He whispers softly while hugging her as tightly as he could without squishing her baby bump. Corinne genuinely hoped this would be the last one but knowing her husband, she doubted it.

The family of four was getting an extra addition in July. Another baby boy.

"What happened to your lip?" She asks once she lets him go. "I tripped." He says looking down at Noémi who was waiting patiently for her turn to hug her big brother. Corinne smiles at the brother and sister before sitting back down. After Noémi, it was Demon's turn. The two Scorpio's were best friends which is why Demon took it the hardest when he found out his son's good intentions had the worst outcomes. "What happened to your lip?" He asks. "Like I told momma, I tripped." AD says. "You didn't trip. Your social worker called me and your momma to tell us that you got into a fight with some lil boys up in here."

"I didn't start it." He immediately starts trying to defend himself. "What did we talk about before you even came in here? It was either six months of juvie and we could see you or a year in boot camp and we only saw you for holidays. The fuck is you doing?" Demon asks. "Adonis," Corinne says, giving him the warning to fix his language. He wasn't about to talk to her baby any type of way. "I defended myself like you taught me to. They was tryna play with me like I'm not like that." AD tells him. "You like what? The fuck is you like?"

"I'm not a bitch. They not finna treat me any type of way." He says. "Watch y'all damn mouths." Corinne crosses her arms. "Mush, baby. You wanna get your brother some candy from the vending machine?" Demon softens his tone for his daughter. The three of them watch the eleven-year-old walk toward the vending machine. Noémi had her mother's eyes and nose with her father's lips and skin tone. She was the sweetest, most respectful little girl. Corinne knew that had to be her grandmother's spirit in her.

"Who the fuck are they for you to be proving yourself to them? The majority of these lil niggas in here because cause they serving out life sentences and as soon as they turn eighteen, they going to the county. They don't got shit to lose, you do." Demon says. "He right, Poppa. You only got six months being in here. Just see your counselor and stay out the way. They not worth yo time. I promise you that." Corinne tells him. "I can't just let them talk sh-"