𝟤𝟦 | 𝖦𝖮𝖭𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖭𝖣

CORINNE ADJUSTED THE BRIGHTNESS to her laptop screen, trying not to disturb Demon while he slept

CORINNE ADJUSTED THE BRIGHTNESS to her laptop screen, trying not to disturb Demon while he slept. He finally made it home after roaming the streets with his friends to find his mother. This had been his routine for the past two weeks and the sleep deprivation was beginning to get to him. Corinne couldn't participate in the search party even if she wasn't pregnant so she helped out where she could. She was searching for the best rehabilitation centers and detox programs for when they finally found her.

"Go to sleep." Demon mumbles into his arm. The sound of her clicking keyboard woke him up. "I'm about to. Just let me add her to this last list." She tells him, entering in the contact information. "She not your problem." He says, looking up at her. "My son's grandma, my problem." Corinne ignores his complaints, pressing enter.

"Cece." Demon sighs making her close her laptop. "I'm done. See." She says sitting the MacBook on her side table. He adjusts his body letting her lay on his chest. He rubs her side softly. "You do know you're not to blame?" Corinne mumbles making him sigh. "It don't feel that way." Demon closed his eyes trying let sleep block out his thoughts.

"I know." She moved her hand to the side of his face lightly stroking his face. It didn't take too much longer for Demon to fall asleep again with his girlfriend's presence providing a sense of security. The sound of his phone ringing woke him up at 6:45 and he answered. "Slim connected me with his tech guy and they pulled the footage from the cameras around the city." Vic says after greeting him. Demon hums, rubbing his eyes encouraging him to continue.

"They lost it once they got on the 290 but it popped back up in Alsip. I'm finna head out there now." Demon sits up, carefully watching Corinne adjust her body. "Share yo lo. I'mma meet you." He didn't give Vic a chance to respond ending the call to get ready. Demon exits the bedroom, going into a different bathroom to do his hygiene. Upon entering, his eyes diverge to the closed door that held his son's nursery. He shakes his head as he brushes his teeth and washes his face.

Demon received his father's location before leaving out. On the elevator, he drafts a text to fill Corinne in because he knew he would be missing for the majority of the day. He drove carelessly due to his mind racing. Demon longed for a robust relationship with his mother and with everything in the open; he felt like it was possible.

At the same time, he knew his bared soul caused the state of vulnerability that made her turn back to drugs while this situation made him run to Corinne. Demon turned into the parking lot of the strip mall, pulling next to his father's truck. None of the businesses looked out of place but still something had to be.

Demon fork. He pressed the button, turning off the car before getting out. Once inside the store, he was greeted by sales associate. "What we doing here?"

"Do you like this?" Vic asks, pointing the the velvet sofa. Demon mugs his father not seeing the point in his question. "Do you like it?" He repeats, making Demon shrug. "Yeah, it's decent."