𝟢𝟩 | 𝖫𝖨𝖡𝖱𝖠 𝖲𝖹𝖭

CORINNE SAT ON THE EXAMINATION table at the Women's Hospital, swinging her legs while she patiently wait for the obstetrician to come in the room

CORINNE SAT ON THE EXAMINATION table at the Women's Hospital, swinging her legs while she patiently wait for the obstetrician to come in the room. "Good morning." The doctor says coming in. "Good morning." Corinne looks up from her phone.

"We're here to confirm a pregnancy?" She asks, looking at the chart the nurse had worked up. Corinne had gotten her weight, height, blood and urine taken when she first got there. Simply nodding, Corinne prompts the doctor to continue speaking. "Well, consider it confirmed. How do we feel about that?"

Corinne shrugs because she had talked about it with her grandmother at the cemetery. She had decided that if she got a ultrasound and there was a heartbeat, she was keeping it. If it wasn't, she would talk to Demon about what they should do.

"Well we're going to do a ultrasound to confirm gestational age so we can have a good idea about what all of your options are." The doctor tells her. Corinne simply nods as the doctor prepares the ultrasound machine. "So this is the transvaginal transducer. I'm going to insert this into your vaginal canal and it feels somewhat similar to a pap-smear."

Corinne simply nods her head , putting her feet in the stirrups. "Scoot up for me." She says, lubing the transducer. The doctor explained her process step by step and one sharp short pain later, Corinne was looking at the smallest embryo in her uterus. "So, the embryo is the correct size for six weeks."

"I'm just taking some measurements." The doctor mumbles as clicking on the computer. "Is there a heartbeat?" Corinne asks. "It's quite possible that there is one yet at the same time, it's very likely that it would go unheard. We typically wait till your 8 week appointment to listen to the heartbeat." The doctor tells her.

"Can you just check, please?" Corinne wouldn't get scared if she didn't hear one but her heart felt full when she did. It was very low but it was audible. The doctor silently charts the baby's heart rate occasionally looking at Corinne watch the screen. "As far as options go, we have termination-" Corinne shakes her head no. "So you're interested in continuing this pregnancy?" The doctor asks making Corinne nod.

"I'm going to write a prescription for you some prenatal supplements and I want to schedule a follow up appointment for eight weeks." She tells Corinne who mentally records the sound her baby's heartbeat. After taking measurements, she began taking stills of screen creating a long roll of sonograms for Corinne to take with her.

"You can schedule your next appointment at the desk after my nurse brings your prescription and appointment summary." The doctor says while cleaning the transducer. "At your next appointment, we'll get more into your medical history and background but as of right now, you and your baby are really healthy." She continues to tell Corinne as she begins washing her hands. "Do you have any questions for me?"

"My due date?" Corinne asks trying to see if the one she had counted for herself was accurate. "October 21st so you should have a baby Libra on your hands." Corinne was only off by a week late. "Thank you." Corinne tells her. "Oh and these are for you. Congratulations again." The doctor hands her the long strip of ultrasounds. Corinne thanks her again before she leaves. She gets redressed before the nurse comes in to give her the appointment summary with the prescription attached.