𝟣𝟫 | 𝖫𝖮𝖴𝖣 𝖠𝖭𝖣 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖴𝖣

AS EXPECTED CORINNE WOKE UP to the spot empty beside her

AS EXPECTED CORINNE WOKE UP to the spot empty beside her. Demon knew there wasn't any reason to be embarrassed about their talk yesterday but for some reason, he was. "That's tough. I can't be running around the country and my girl-" Demon begins trying to explain while standing in the waiting area of the restaurant. "Her due date not till October. Take your father with you and you can hit the major cities in three days." Ivan tells him. "I don't know what he got going on." Demon slowly felt his mood dampen at thee mention of Vic.

"He's free. Y'all leave tomorrow morning for New York." Ivan had talked to Vic when he couldn't reach Demon about what he needed. "We got a hospital tour-" The hospital tour was the crucial next step when it came to creating her birthing plan. "You wanted this, Adonis. Ain't nobody gone respect you if you don't let them know who you are after making your mark."

"What cities?"

"Brooklyn, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Houston, and Compto." Ivan speaks. "I'm good on my own. He'on gotta come with me." He denies the extra assistance.

"No, you don't like to answer the phone when I'm trying to reach you." Ivan was taking a chance with the young man and he was trying to get comfortable with trusting him. "Heard you. I'a let you know when we touch down in New York." Demon tells him, aware he wasn't at that point where he could manipulate him with words.

"Make me proud." Ivan ends the call, letting him sigh heavily. "Turkey burger, extra dressing?" The chef calls, handing Demon the white bag. "Preciate it." He mumbles, turning around to walk to his car. After locking the door, he texted Corinne that he was on his way after responding to her questioning his whereabouts.

With traffic, the short drive was fifteen minutes long. "Ma, where you at?" Demon calls out entering the penthouse. "Upstairs." She hollers, not moving from her white Calder Chair from Crate & Barrel. He sits the food and smoothie on the island before walking around the kitchen to get to the stairs behind the kitchen wall. He walks up walks up the stairs to the upstairs den where she was filling in her whiteboard calendar.

"I like your hair." He comments, smiling at her hair was now a mocha color with honey brown highlights scattered loosely through out. She had it trimmed making it bra strap length before getting it curled with a side part. "Thank you." She tells him, continuing to write down the events on her whiteboard calendar.

"You think we can reschedule that hospital tour?" He asks, walking around the desk to see what was on the calendar. "What? No, it's tomorrow." She swivels the chair around, letting him see her face. "Something came up. I gotta go to New York in the morning."

"New York?"

"Just for a couple days." He says, sitting on the desk. Everything felt sudden and rushed, Corinne didn't like spur of the moment activities. "Why?"

"The plug want me to make my rounds. It's not a good look if I don't introduce myself." Demon explains skidding the food closer to her. "Everybody you gotta meet gone be in New York?"