𝟤𝟤 | 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸 𝖲𝖮𝖬𝖤𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖭𝖦

"WELL LOOK WHAT THE WIND BLEW IN

"WELL LOOK WHAT THE WIND BLEW IN." De'Anna opens the front door to her home for her son. "Can I talk to you?" Demon asks, walking into the small foyer. He was still unfamiliar with the house considering the one he was raised in occupied a new family who Demon hoped was much more stable than his. "Yeah, come on. I was making a sandwich. You want one?" She asks as they begin walking towards the black and gold kitchen. "Nah, I'm good." He shakes his head, sitting on the high top chairs that were lined at the island.

"What's wrong?"

"I been in therapy for a minute now and I spend a lot of time in there talking about you and how you raised me." Demon says. He didn't know what compelled him to drive to his parent's house for the conversation he'd been avoiding. "Oh?" De'Anna asks cutting the head of lettuce for her sandwich. "Yeah, Dr. Lewis told me I have complex post traumatic stress disorder from-"

"Why would you tell anyone about the bodies you-" De'Anna stops chopping the lettuce. "Oh no. I'm numb to that shit now. Taking a life don't phase me anymore. I got PTSD cause of you." He watches the look in her eyes go from anger to confusion. "Me? I know I wasn't the best mother and I've owned up to that but-"

"But nothing, Momma." Demon shakes his head. "What you want me to say, D? I wish I never did drugs? Cause I do genuinely wish I would've never did drugs."

"Tell me you ain't want me." He sighs. "What?" De'Anna questions, trying to determine if his statement was his idea of a sick joke. "I been feeling it for years. Just admit it and so I can move on."

"Move on from what? Your family?"

"It don't feel that much like family if you not wanted unless you beneficial." He crosses his arms. "You're my son. Why would I want you?"

"Cause you went half on me with the wrong nigga. Admit it and I can stop feeling this way. Please." He requests with his arms on the white stone counter top. "Feeling like what?"

"Unwanted. I'm old enough now. You can stop pretending like you don't love Katrina more." De'Anna watches him fidget waiting for her response. "I love both of y'all equally. It was never my intention to make you feel like you're unwanted." She says, walking around with counter.
Demon shakes his head as she approaches. "That don't change reality. You got high and I got neglected. Juwan beat you and Henry made sure to make my life hell. I got to juvie and-" He clicks his tongue, not prepared to admit anything to his mother. "If I wasn't on drugs, you would've never felt that way."

"No, no. Cause Vic still would've left you for Jackie and you still would've ran right back to Juwan. You still would've put Katrina first and he still would've put his hands on you." Demon felt the only anything would've been different was if he was biologically Vic's son. "I don't know what to say." She mumbles. The tension in the room was built off uncomfortableness. De'Anna knew she had her faults as a parent but she didn't know that they were still pressing issues till this day.