𝟤𝟨 | 𝖬𝖮𝖱𝖤 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤

THE DAYS LEADING UP TO HER DUE DATE went by so fast that October 21st came and went with still no baby

THE DAYS LEADING UP TO HER DUE DATE went by so fast that October 21st came and went with still no baby. Corinne was officially one week overdue and she was over it. She entered the salon to see the new receptionist at the front desk with a couple of clients sitting on the white Arch lounge chairs in the waiting area.

"What are you doing here?" Katrina asks from the pink tufted swivel chair. "What are you doing here? And I got clients," Corinne says, walking pass her to begin setting up for her first client.

"Yeah gone head do you, sis." Katrina mumbles, unlocking her phone. "You on maternity leave." Promise tells her. "No, I was on maternity leave but he's still in here so now I'm not." Corinne picks out the palettes she wished to use as her stomach tightens. She takes off the grey overdyed monogram hooded Louis Vuitton parka leaving him the black Shuri jumpsuit by Wolford and her cargo basket Rick Owens sneakers.

"Aww, you look cute." Dymond gushes looking up from her client's lashes. Corinne dramatically poses with her hands on her baby bump. "What the doctor say?" Corinne had her weekly appointment just two days prior. "I'm still zero centimeters dilated and they didn't catch any contractions but my cervix is softened."

"Girl, just put blood in your panties so they'll induce you."

"My O/B said they gone induce me next Thursday regardless of if I started dilating or not." Corinne shrugs, before smiling at her client walking towards her. "AD just moving on his own time like you." Promise tells her.

"Katrina, can you tell her my son is just like-"

"My difficult ass brother? He get that stubborn shit from his daddy." Katrina says while preparing her lash palettes. "See." Corinne begins applying the primer before beginning to get to work.

Throughout the day, Corinne continued to receive those pains so what she originally brushed off as Braxton Hicks turned out to be real contractions.

Corinne had to pull over because one was so strong that she wasn't certain she could drive without crashing. She gave up on trying to get chicken from Wiley's just going home. Once she was home, Corinne took a nap before making Curry Shrimp because that was what she ate in her dream.

"Hey, mama," Demon says, coming into the kitchen. "Hi." She mumbles, sitting the jasmine rice on the electric stove. "You okay?" He asks, putting his arms around her when she turns around to face him. "He just keeps kicking me," Corinne tells him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "He just trying to make the most out of his time in there." Demon whispers in her ear before kissing her softly.

"I'm over it."

"I know. You wanna lay down and I finish for you?" He asks. All Demon did was watch her in the kitchen and he knew his way around the area well. he shakes her head, still laying it on his chest. "I took a nap already."

"But you still tired."

"I know." Corinne mumbles, feeling exhausted. "When you finish, we gone eat and then you gone lay down with me, okay?" Demon asks. "Okay." Corinne whispers. She puckers her lips making him lean down to kiss her.