Charlie Dalton (he/him pronouns)

Not So Secret (this was a request idk if you wanted to b anonymous or not!)

It was the 1970s, you were 20 now. Things weren't getting any more lenient when it came to gay love. But you couldn't suppress your emotions and your thoughts. You wouldn't dare come out to your friends of course. You were proud but you weren't crazy.

Nothing was simple when all your friends were straight, or at least that's what they told you. It wasn't direct but just the way they acted told you they were straight.

You couldn't confine in anyone in fear they'll react in a bad way. You and Charlie were walking the halls of the uni you two went to.

Charlie was going on and on about the girl he met yesterday and how he wants to introduce you to her friend.

"Charlie!" You shouted looking at him, "enough with the girls!" You stormed away and to your dorm room. You didn't mean for an outburst like that but you couldn't help but feel frustrated.

You flopped onto your bed, your face on your pillow as you softly cried, letting the frustration out. You heard a knock before someone entered, closing the door slightly.

"(Y/n)?" Charlie's voice said, he sat at the edge of your bed, "want to talk about it?"

"No, I'm okay. Just overwhelmed." You grumbled, Charlie sighed and patted your leg.

"I know something is up, it's best to let it go," he whispered and you shrugged sitting up and looking into his eyes.

"I'm gay," you whispered. He didn't answer, he stayed quiet.

"That's okay, I'm sure everyone else will be okay with that," he smiled and you shook your head.

"No one else should know,you have to swear to keep it a secret." He sighed and nodded, you extended your pinky and he laughed but took it.

Charlie swore to keep your secret until you were ready. You confided in him with all your secrets, good and bad. Without realizing you had fallen in love with him.

Everything about him made your face heat up. The way he styled his hair in the morning, the way he smiled at you. Everything he did, his mannerisms, his jokes. You wished you could just kiss him, you wished you could tell him how you felt.

But Charlie wasn't like you, or at least as far as you knew he swung the other way.

"(Y/n), can I tell you something? But promise to keep it a secret?" He said sitting on your bed next to you. You sat up and rested your book on your lap.

He looked into your eyes and you looked into his. Nothing was spoken as he leaned in and kissed you. You wouldn't admit but that was your first kiss and you were glad it was Charlie. You smiled as he pulled away. He rested his fore head on yours holding your hand.

"I've fallen in love with you, I didn't want to admit it, but everything about you drives me crazy. You complete me (Y/n) (L/n)," he whispered and kissed you again. You kissed him back.

"Be my boyfriend Charlie Dalton?" You whispered and he giggled and nodded his head giving you another quick kiss.

"I must admit this is the first time I kissed somebody and felt all warm inside," he laughed and you grinned.

And just like that, you two began to date. Of course it all had to be in secret, it wasn't like you two could just hold hands in public like nothing.

Charlie would steal kisses every once in a while when no one was looking. He held your hand under the desk and under tables when you two went out with friends.