Pretending (charlie/reader)

he/him pronouns!
tw/cw: smoking, weed, kissing

Being popular and an exemplary student was difficult, having to live up to expectations and doing what you're told. You were in honourary and advanced classes, you took more extracurriculars then anyone else at the school did. You scored hire then the rest and managed to do so much more then you could handle. All because your dad was the President of the United States and was Valedictorian at Harvard.

You could only do so much before you cracked, but thanks to your best friend Charlie that moment will never come.

You and Charlie snuck out at night to a little cave and smoked a bit of the devils lettuce with each other. It was a good relaxer for you, made you forget all your worries and responsibilities.

You had a secret, you're gay, a guy who liked other guys. You never came out to anybody afraid that they'd kick you out the school or maybe took your dads job or something worse. You wanted to come out so bad, you wanted to tell Charlie that you're gay and in love with him!

"Charlie?" You said high on weed with a smile on your face.

"Hmm?" He answered back taking another hit of his blunt.

"I'm like gay and in so much love with you," you laughed.

"Nice one dude, I'm bisexual and so deeply in love with you too," he laughed. You two laughed for a good ten minutes.

Soon the blunt ran out and you two decided it was a good time to go inside the school.

You two didn't talk about it and pretended everything was normal and you two hadn't just confessed two deep secrets. You instead blamed it on being high.

You slept like a baby that night, your mind didn't wonder like it would've before you met the magic of weed.

Your roommate, Knox Overstreet shook you awake again.

"You reek of weed dude did you forget to change? If they smell this they're going to hang both of us!" Knox shouted throwing you a towel to shower with.

You two were interrupted with a knock.

"Come in!" Knox shouted as he did his tie. "Charlie, perfect. Tell your little friend he reeks of weed," Knox laughed before walking out the room.

"We need to talk about yesterday," Charlie said once Knox was gone.

"About what?" I asked with a smile. "I should rush and shower."

"We need to talk, I said something yesterday and I meant it." He whispered his voice scared. "I'm bisexual and I do like you, I like you?"

"Well, I'm not gay. I don't like gay people either Charlie. It's best if we don't see each other anymore." I pushed him aside as I ran to the washrooms. I tried to hide my tears with the water but it was impossible.

I did like Charlie, I am gay and I love gay people but it was too much for me. I already had so many responsibilities and if I had to carry the thought of being gay and having a boyfriend on top of it all just seemed like too much for me.

I couldn't help but cry, I just wished things were different that I didn't have all this stress and could just be myself.

I walked to Keating's class, although I didn't have his class at the same time Charlie did when I did have his class I saw him like a father figure.

"Ahh, Mr. (L/n), how are you?" He smiled once he opened the door allowing me inside his classroom. "What brings you here?"

"Mr. Keating, I think I like men romantically..." I closed my eyes scared, I did my best to hold back my tears. "I told the boy that I like that I didn't like him and that I'm not gay," I began to cry.

I had so much to say but I just couldn't, Mr. Keating is the second person I told about this secret. I was afraid that he'd hate me or think who I am is dirty.

I felt him hug me as I released all my emotions and just cried. His hug was so comforting and made me feel just so safe.

"I regret telling him that, I wish I could've just told him how much I love him and how I want to be with him," I sobbed hugging him tighter.

"Tell him, it's never too late to tell someone that you love them," he told me. I nodded as I wiped away my tears.

"Thanks for listening to me sir," I smiled and he nodded.

"Now run along, class is to start soon." He smiled and I nodded happily walking out the classroom.

I nervously walked to the first class of the day which is just Study Hall. That's where I met Charlie and his friends. This class is for the top students and the students with the lowest scores. Basically like a study group, I was paired up with Charlie as I am the smartest one and Charlie not so much.

I sat down on the usual spot right across from Charlie and nervously smiled at him.

"Didn't see you at breakfast," he said opening his text book.

"I had to do something," I told him opening mine. "Charlie, we should talk about this in private after classes? Met at the cave?" I asked and he shrugged.

The rest of class time was silent as we studied and went over some of the things he needed help with the most.

This was the only class Charlie and I had together, which mad everything so much worse for me. I just wanted to apologize over and over again.

Class flew by and before I knew it I was at the cave waiting for Charlie. I hoped he'd come but at the same time my expectations were low. I knew I didn't deserve Charlie.

I heard noise and leaves crunching, "Charlie?" I called out.

"Hi," he looked at me awkwardly.

"I'm so glad you're here," J smiled bringing him in for a tight hug. "I'm such an idiot and I'm so sorry, I know what I did was stupid."

"Yeah, really stupid," he chuckled.

"Please forgive me, I like you Charlie, I really do!" I shouted hugging him. "I might even love you, I don't want to hurt you."

"I like you a lot too, but are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked me pulling away from the hug and turning around. "I don't want to feel like a burden or to pretend around others."

"It doesn't matter, reputation is bull and all I want is to be with you, wake up to your beautiful brown eyes," I caressed his cheek as his face went red and chuckled.

"It's us against the world now Charlie, forever me and you and I mean that," I was a tad taller then him as I leaned down and placed a kiss on his small pink lips.

He held my hand as we deepened the kiss, my hand caressed his cheek as I smiled.

"What about your dad?" He asked as we finally pulled away from the kiss and looked at each others eyes.

"To hell with him, I don't care about it at all, all that matters is our happiness." I brought him in for another kiss.