Poets/fem!reader (platonic)

This was an anonymous request on tumblr!! (requests are open!!)

"What don't you get?!" Yelled the tutor after slamming their fists on the textbook.

"Please stope yelling!" The poor girl cried covering her face with her hands.

"Stop crying, how do you expect to get into Harvard if you can't do basic math?!" The tutor shouted again.

"I do get it I just have some troubles getting there," she muttered bringing her hands down from her face as she glared at the floor.

"This session is over, you don't have the cells in your brain to do these simple trigonometry questions." The tutor slammed the textbook closed as they stormed out the room leaving the scared young girl sitting on the desk chair.

She sighed as she got up and sadly made her way to her dorm room. She wasn't going to make it far in life if she couldn't even do basic trigonometry.

"I'm a failure," she frowned as she sat on her bed. Her roommate, Rebecca, looked over to her from her desk.

"The tutor yelled at you again?" She laughed. "I don't know why Mr. Nolan tries so hard, you'll never even make it to a community college."

"Shut up, I'm trying really hard!" She shouted as she began crying again. She stormed out the room as she mindlessly ran towards the forest.

She liked the trees and the nature, she always felt at home when she was with nature. She wandered and wandered until she heard voices. She grabbed a stick just in case she needed to defend herself.

She got closer and closer to the source of the voices until she noticed a cave she hadn't seen before. She listened in as she tried to hide herself.

"Poetry?" She mumbled surprised as she heard a line from a Walt Whitman poem. She adored poetry and often read poetry when she got the chance. Her English professor Mr. Keating gives her poetry books he thinks she'd like.

She heard them began to chant and dance around and took that as a sign to begin leaving. She ran as quickly as she could back to the school.

"Poetry? Boys in a cave reading poetry?" She repeated to herself as she walked towards her room making sure she was as quiet as possible.

She went into her bed covering herself as she stared at the blank wall. Boys, in the woods, after hours, reading poetry? Questions raced around her head as she slowly fell asleep.

"Wake up!" Screamed her roommate, this scared the girl awake from a dream she wish she hadn't awoken from.

"I'm up," she sighed getting out of bed.

"Hurry and get dressed, breakfast starts in 10 minutes," Rebecca said before walking out the room and towards the dining hall.

"My grandfather wanted to talk to me before breakfast," she cried as she hurried to dress herself. She was down the stairs when she realized she forgot her shoes and ran back to get them.

Rushing to her grandfathers room she opened the door breathing heavily.

"Sorry sir, I wasn't-" she was interrupted by him as he raised a finger motioning for her to hold her tongue.

"I'm tired of these excuses." He began, "As headmaster of this school it brings me great shame that my sons only child can't do not even the most basics of Trigonometry."

"Sir-" she began trying to explain herself.

"You stay silent whilst I'm speaking!" He shouted. She stepped back in fear as she lowered her head trying to keep the tears in.